Expelled this February

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexpelled - No Intercourse Allowed

Stork theory, a totally viable alternative to the sex theory (which is just a theory) of reproduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGcXc...eature=related

With Portuguese subtitles:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO3ttj6JFBU
    SED Editor, TypeLib Browser.
    Forum: http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php

Comment

• Sexpelled - No Intercourse Allowed

Stork Theory seems the more logical explanation for human reproduction. What are the odds of two haploid cells randomly joining to form a diploid cell?

Comment

• The justification for having sex, is preposterous. Babies...

Thinking that the miracle of life could be achieved that way makes me feel nauseated.

Of course Storks bring the babies.

I had my suspicions... science lacks proper respect for all that's sacred.
        Rui Rodrigues

Comment

• New evidence for the theory of the stork

Data from Berlin (Germany) show a significant correlation between the increase in the stork population around the city and the increase in deliveries outside city hospitals (out-of-hospital deliveries). However, there is no correlation between deliveries in hospital buildings (clinical deliveries) and the stork population. The decline in the number of pairs of storks in the German state of Lower Saxony between 1970 and 1985 correlated with the decrease of deliveries in that area. The nearly constant number of deliveries from 1985 to 1995 was associated with an unchanged stork population (no statistical significance). However, the relevance of the stork for the birth rate in that part of Germany remains unclear, because the number of out-of-hospital deliveries in this area is not well documented. A lack of statistical information on out-of-hospital deliveries in general is a severe handicap for further proof for the Theory of the Stork.

Comment

• School Board OKs "Stork Theory" in Sex Ed Classes

Coming on the heels of its controversial decision to allow creationism to be taught along with evolution in science class, the Casper Wyoming school board gave the nod to allow sex education teachers to teach the stork theory of child delivery.

"We believe there's plenty of room to allow different theories without taking anything away from the more traditional theories of child birth." School board member Michael Dimfield said. "I don't think the birth theory people should feel threatened by a frank discussion of opposing views."

With the growing power and dominance of the religious right, more school boards are acting proactively in adopting more family friendly education. "We've already been teaching that abstinence is the only truly effective form of birth control and disease prevention for a while now." Mr. Dimfield continued. "Now we're exploring other theories that have been suppressed by the liberal elitist teaching establishment."

The school boards' decision was met with a general feeling of exasperation and resignation by the city's teachers. "We've been seeing this coming for a while now," said sex education teacher Sylvia Walters, "all we can do at this point is try to ride it out and hope that some sanity seeps back into our education system."

When asked what other changes to traditional theories of child delivery are on the horizon, Mr. Dimfield said the board was also taking a serious look at the cabbage patch theory.

Comment

• source of stork theory story revealed!

http://www.geocities.com/calann@sbcg...net/index.html

Comment

• Ovulation versus cretinism

Two different theories exist concerning the origin of children: the theory of sexual reproduction, and the theory of the stork. Many people believe in the theory of sexual reproduction because they have been taught this theory at school.

In reality, however, many of the world's leading scientists are in favour of the theory of the stork. If the theory of sexual reproduction is taught in schools, it must only be taught as a theory and not as the truth. Alternative theories, such as the theory of the stork, must also be taught.

Evidence supporting the theory of the stork includes the following:

1. It is a scientifically established fact that the stork does exist. This can be confirmed by every ornithologist.

2. The alledged human foetal development contains several features that the theory of sexual reproduction is unable to explain.

3. The theory of sexual reproduction implies that a child is approximately nine months old at birth. This is an absurd claim. Everyone knows that a newborn child is newborn.

4. According to the theory of sexual reproduction, children are a result of sexual intercourse. There are, however, several well documented cases where sexual intercourse has not led to the birth of a child.

5. Statistical studies in the Netherlands have indicated a positive correlation between the birth rate and the number of storks. Both are decreasing.

6. The theory of the stork can be investigated by rigorous scientific methods. The only assumption involved is that children are delivered by the stork.

(Original version by Erkki Aalto, Dept. of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Stork Science, University of Helsinki --- English version by Jopi Louko, Institute of Stork Research, University of Alberta)

Comment

• Did anybody else get their DVD copy of "expelled" in the mail today?

Comment

• I bet many have, since it's have just become available on various P2P circuits.
                    May be some kind of Religulous's contermeasures / damage control mode!

Bye!
                    -- The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it.

File Extension Seeker - Metasearch engine for file extensions / file types
                    Online TrID file identifier | TrIDLib - Identify thousands of file formats

Comment

• Evolutionism
                      • It will take you further than you want to go.
                      • It will keep you longer than you want to stay.
                      • It will cost you more than you want to pay.

Cornell Professor and evolutionist William Provine speaks of his brother who died of Lou Gehrig's disease:
                      "He wanted desperately to die but we couldn't help him die. I don't wanna die like that. I want to shoot myself in the head long before then. I'm gonna do something different."
                      Is this man your mentor? Click here for 7.5M video excerpt from "Expelled" and see where it took Provine. Provine is way ahead of those who merely dabble in evolutionism. He understands completely how evolutionism affords no "free will". His belief system came with a price as these two men discovered also. (scroll half way down)
                      Last edited by Alan Clarke; 2 Feb 2009, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Expelled Debunk - Flunked
                        Thank you,
                        Ryan M. Cross

Comment

• full of ad-hominem attacks, opinions and unsupported suppositions.

Second or Third year stuff.
                          :) IRC :)

Comment

• I had watched Expelled, and found it borderline silly.
                            Just my personal opinion, obviously.

Bye!
                            -- The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it.

File Extension Seeker - Metasearch engine for file extensions / file types
                            Online TrID file identifier | TrIDLib - Identify thousands of file formats

Comment

• You have to admit though that the guy who portrayed Provine looked exactly like him. What ruined his otherwise excellent acting was the script. It was just too outlandish to be believable:
                              Oh I was a Christian, but I never heard anything about Evolution because it was illegal to teach it in Tennessee. He [Provine’s first biology professor] started talking about evolution as if it had no design in it whatsoever. And I came up to him and I said, “You left out the most important part.” And he said, “If you feel the same way at the end of one quarter, I want you to stand up in front of the students in this class and tell them this deep lack in evolution.” And I read that book so carefully, and I could find NO SIGN of there being ANY design WHATSOEVER in evolution and I immediately began to doubt the existence of the deity. But it starts by giving up an active deity, then it gives up the hope that is in your life after death. When you give those two up the rest of it follows fairly easily. You give up the hope that there is an imminent morality. And finally, there’s no human free will. If you believe in evolution, you can’t hope that there be any free will. There’s no hope whatsoever of there being any deep meaning in human life. We live, we die, and we’re gone. We’re absolutely gone when we die.

Let’s suppose my tumor comes back as it almost certainly will. We’ll I’m not gonna sit around like my older brother did last year and he was dying of ALS, Lou Gehrig’s disease. He wanted desperately to die but we couldn't help him die. I don't wanna die like that. I want to shoot myself in the head long before then. I'm gonna do something different.

I don’t feel one bit bad about holding the views that I do. There’s not anything in the views I hold that make me, “Oh, I wish I had free will.” or, “Oh, I wish there were a God.” I don’t EVER, EVER, wish that.
                              I suppose the big question is, who actually wrote this disrespectful script (above) that attempts to mock Provine and human life? The fallacious scripts and dub-overs for P.Z. Myers and Dawkins were just as bad. I simply can't accept that these men actually spoke these words but their mouths seemed to sync with the sound. The movie was astounding from that perspective.
                              Last edited by Alan Clarke; 5 Feb 2009, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• I remember when the suicide doctor, Jack Kevorkian, would attend “patients” moments before their death to photograph their retinas. He seemed to have an insatiable desire to lay hold of any physical evidence during this transition state that would elevate his understanding of life and death. Provine seems to afford an interesting glimpse into this otherwise off-limits territory. Often, people boldly state their beliefs, intentions, positions, etc. on a particular subject, but their positions may change when they near death. What is otherwise hidden behind a façade becomes apparent to all as they near the finish line. How many athletes boast of their prowess but reveal the opposite when they can’t even cross the finish line or last beyond the first round in a boxing match? Provine and his colleagues are all drawing closer to their “finish” and the lack of performance is rather shocking. I remember when I was told, “PZ and his minions will kick your butt. Daily!” The aura of such an “educated” person was daunting. When I first visited P.Z. Myers' website, I was greeted with a portrait of a vibrant, young-looking, educator with a possible sense of humor. To see both Myers and Dawkins in Ben Stein’s “Expelled”, afforded a rare glimpse into their retinas. Both appeared glassy and reminiscent of a person uncertain of their course but obligated to perform before an expectant crowd, like Evel Knievel attempting another motorcycle jump. Everyone knows they can’t keep it up indefinitely and Provine is living proof (or dying proof) as his inner being is laid open through his babblings and rantings. It’s all rather ugly and shameful but I suppose this happens daily behind closed doors.

Evolutionists Richard Dawkins (left) and P. Z. Myers (right)

Dawkins: When I did understand it [evolution], then that finally killed off my remaining religious faith.
                                Myers: What led to the atheism was learning more about science learning more about the natural world and seeing these horrible conflicts with religion.

And if you separate out the ethical message from religion, what have you got left? You’ve got a bunch of fairy tales, right? Religion gives some people comfort and we don’t want to take it away from them. It’s like knitting. People like to knit. We’re not going to take their knitting needles away. We’re not going to take away their churches. But what we have to do is get it to a place where religion is treated at the level it should be treated. That is something fun that people get together and do on the weekend and it really doesn’t affect their life as much as it has been so far.

Greater science literacy which is going to lead to the erosion of religion. And then we’ll get this nice positive feedback mechanism going where as religion slowly fades away we get more and more science to replace it and that will displace more and more religion which will allow more and more science and we’ll eventually get to that point where religion has taken that appropriate place as a side dish rather than the main course.
                                Myers’ ideas lack originality:

Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism.
                                - Vladimir Lenin

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?
                                Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.
                                The people who cast the votes don't decide an election, the people who count the votes do.
                                The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic.
                                Everyone imposes his own system as far as his army can reach.
                                Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.
                                I believe in one thing only, the power of human will.
                                I trust no one, not even myself.
                                - Joseph Stalin

Comment

Working...
                                X