Forum Search Fail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Search Fail

If I type in RegisterWindowMessage in Search, this thread is not in the search results, even though it contains the search term.

.../user-to-user-discussions/powerbasic-for-windows/46598-app-to-app-messaging-interprocess-communication

I wonder why that would be?

I always use google to search the forums adding the
    Code:
    site:powerbasic.com
    to the search term
    eg
    Code:
    RegisterWindowMessage site:powerbasic.com
    Always works flawlessly.

Comment

Most vBulletin forums have no reason to index "words" as long as RegisterWindowMessage (21 chars). There are vBulletin settings for the shortest and longest strings that are indexed, and they probably need to be reset to a wider range after the recent migration. Lots of things got reset to their vBulletin default values. Then the search index(es) need(s) to be rebuilt, which takes overnight.

Similarly, I think the "max number of results per search" needs attention, and probably others. Layers upon layers of settings.

(I personally use Google Advanced Search most of the time because of search-for-phrase and other nice tools. Advanced Image Search is useful too.)
      Last edited by Eric Pearson; 13 Feb 2017, 01:54 PM. Reason: typo
      "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

Comment

Eric, thanks. I'd forgotten that about the word length limit on search terms.

Carlo, I guess I should step up to Google for my searches. I generally avoid it just so I won't have to type in extra stuff. But a bad results certainly offsets the extra effort!

Comment

Working...
        X