Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For clarification, as I didn't quote any sources for my previous statements on the UK's position toward the European single market.

Here is the official UK government policy dated 2nd February 2017: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...opean-union--2

It's a big document but section 8 is the one of interest where it states in the opening paragraph:
    "We will not be seeking membership of the Single Market, but will pursue instead a new strategic partnership with the EU, including an ambitious and comprehensive Free Trade Agreement and a new customs agreement."

Comment

Now, if our communication isn't a good example of how the same words have totally different meanings, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuth Konrad View Post
        Now, if our communication isn't a good example of how the same words have totally different meanings, I don't know.
        Exactly. I find this thread quite amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuth Konrad View Post
          Anglo-Saxons seems to have a weird understanding of the meaning of "No".
          I wonder how many British citizens would consider themselves "Anglo-Saxons"? Or "English" as Paul would have it?

Comment

Or "English" as Paul would have it?
            Knuth appears to be talking about all English speaking nations, not just the UK or British or English.

Comment

Yeah, it's a gross generalisation, of course. Exceptions always exists.

But having worked with people from GB, US, AU, NZ on one hand and with people from AT, CH, DE one the other hand for two decades, I've noticed a pattern.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that both sides (often) have a hard time to come together, because of it.

Comment

Working...
              X