No announcement yet.

Free Version serial number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having the problem with avast antivirus reporting a false positive too. In addition, (on windows 8.1) when I attempt to run the setupclasspb.exe program, I get a black screen, and it just sits there doing absolutely nothing for as long as I want to leave it there. It would be ok, except that the install takes over my machine, and doesn't allow me to do anything else while it's installing. I can't switch away from it, and a reboot is necessary to regain control of the pc. It's not virused (is that a word) as far as I can tell, since nothing at all changes on my machine, jsut the install taking control, and not allowing me to do anything else. It doesn't lock up the machine, since keyboard lights still work (numlock, capslock, ...), and the mouse can move around the black screen, but otherwise, nothing at all.I just downloaded the free version of pbwin today, (though I plan to purchase my upgrade to pbcc 6.04 on Friday). I'd really like to get this working, because as far as I know, I don't have any licensed copies of pbwin (though I seem to recall I did purchase pb/dll version 6.0). All of my pbcc versions 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 are all present on my backups, but I can't find any other windows apps, though I do have my dos version of the compiler. Any assistance here would be appreciated.
    http://www.softcon.com]

for hosting/internet

access.

Comment

Hi Travis,

To start with, here's the SHA512 for the file SetupClassPB.exe.

6f9db017a5b76cd70de45c8e3c7c773825e73486ba4179d46bb7553c647a441c
      87942125e708e17e1709e97fb61bd20465a08c9785b890233c947e4fcfe05e0c

Can you confirm that what you have matches?

I've not had any reports of the kind of problem you're reporting, but then I don't recall a lot of Win8 being discussed by users at all.

Comment

Does anyone else have Win8.1 and has installed Classic PBWin? If so, would you let us know if you saw the trouble Travis is having.

I don't have a Win8 machine to try it out on.

Comment

Travis,

Also, did you try temporarily disabling Avast while you install the Classic version, to see if there was some interaction going on?

Comment

I've not checked the sha yet, but I had to disable avast, since it would not allow the download if I didn't. Even downloading it on another machine, then copying it over caused avast to quaranteen the file, and not let me have it <sigh> I'll run the sha on it, and see what I get. Will post more when I figure out if the hashes match.

for hosting/internet

access.

Comment

Ok, When I did the certutil -shafile setupclasspb.exe sha512, it gave me only 64 bytes, you posted 128 bytes. However, the 64 bytes I got match the first 64 bytes of your string, so I'm guessing it's the same file.
              Any suggestions?

for hosting/internet

access.

Comment

I solved the problem by using my wife's machine (which is running win10). I got my son to install pbwin classic on her machine (she isn't running any screen readers), then had him archive the folder where it installed, and copy it to a thumb drive. I then uncompressed the same folder on my win-8.1 machine, and it works just fine. <shrug> No problems compiling pb/win samples here, so it's just the install process for some reason. Dunno why it's behaving like that, but I got it installed, so thanks for that, and I'll be back on Friday to order my copy of pb/cc version 6. I've wanted to upgrade for quite a while, but now with this new pricing, I can actually afford to do so.

for hosting/internet

access.

Comment

Travis,
                  Sorry for all the trouble you saw, but of course we're glad you found a work around.

Comment

And, just for reference, I too couldn't get the pbforms serial number to work. My 8.1 machine, and my wife's win10 machine both rejected the serial number. (and setupforms15.exe didn't trigger the avast antivirus either).
                    hth.

for hosting/internet

access.

Comment

Hello Gary,
                      i just ordered and downloaded the free product for an friend of me. As the mail with the serial numbers isn't yet arrived i tried the serial numbers you posted in post#21 in this thread. Unfortunatly the serial number for PBforms doesn't work. It says "Please use a valid serial number" It's version 1.51 i got from the download. In your post you state its 1.5.
                      Please check.
                      Thank you
                      Hans
                      Last edited by Hans-Dieter Veit; 30 Nov 2016, 04:28 PM. Reason: some typos corrected

Comment

Hello Support,

I did exactly as Mr. Veit described in the previous post, I made the downloads, I got the serial numbers on their pages, I received only two of the three e-mails informed and after that I was trying to setup in XP computer of my daughter. All went fine until I went to install the PB Forms, when I received the message "Please enter a valid serial number. I made a new download and compared the SHAs of first download with the second and these are the same!

I'm lost here and it seems I'm not the only one having these problems ...

I need help!

Regards,

Arthur.
                        sha512 of "SetupClassCC.exe"
                        6e6dbf1ebbd838a7b56e078b77919542f2170fa2160abc096a7420787c9d1248b7a589f2c0818ddcc0891a5facd9847cbbaf6a7622880265d330dcc08bb6afec

The serial number required for installation of Classic PowerBASIC 9 for Windows is 520415665 and it's OK!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sha512 of "SetupClassPB.exe"
                        6f9db017a5b76cd70de45c8e3c7c773825e73486ba4179d46bb7553c647a441c87942125e708e17e1709e97fb61bd20465a08c9785b890233c947e4fcfe05e0c

The serial number required for installation of Classic PowerBASIC 9 for Windows is 520415665 and it's OK!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sha512 of "SetupForms15.exe"
                        a296438464120a84c3b89ba7dfd8be4e1fa7ef0d8561c927efb6e4e9cea6f81bea740e9a00027cbf5f49b9e7e03a644bd156b1a4a77783027d570cf0419d9a99

The serial number required for installation of Classic PowerBASIC Forms 1.51 is 378204079 and it's NOT OK !!!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

Arthur,
                          I thought the free version of PBForms was 1.0, not 1.5. Maybe they gave you the wrong version
                          and the right serial number.
                          TheirCorp's projects at SourceForge

TheirCorp's website

sigpic

Comment

The free version is PBForms 1.5.

The serial number for PBForms 1.5, as posted here in post #2, is 371310291.

Arthur, where did you get the serial number you posted? If you got it direct from Vivian, I need to check in with her.

Comment

Hello Tony and Gary,

The wrong serial number 378204079 is here!
                              "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

duplicate

Comment

Everything went OK now
                                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Forms 1.51 OK.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	755669

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Beene View Post
                                    The free version is PBForms 1.5.

The serial number for PBForms 1.5, as posted here in post #2, is 371310291.
                                    Hello Gary,
                                    the wrong serial number is still in your post #21 here in this thread
                                    Hans

Comment

Thanks, Arthur and Hans, for pointing out the location of the bad SNs! I fixed both locations.

Comment

Working...
                                      X