No announcement yet.

PowerBASIC Has a New Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do remember that PB/DLL back then itself was a 16 bit program that produces 32 bit executables.
    I don't believe that is true any longer. I think PB is all 32 bit, though I welcome a correction.

Comment

• The current versions of PB/Win and PB/CC are 32-bit programs that produce 32-bit executables.
      "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

Comment

• Hopefully we can get a 64bit PowerBasic compiler by year end?
        Any response from Drake Software on your Company Strategic plan ? Now that the tax season is over?

Comment

• Originally posted by Anne Wilson View Post
          Hopefully we can get a 64bit PowerBasic compiler by year end?
          Any response from Drake Software on your Company Strategic plan ? Now that the tax season is over?
          Year end would is extremely optimistic even for a 32 bit compiler that produces 64 bit code. I would be happy if by year end they said they had people in place and they were working on it. It would also good if if they had the IDE developers on board.

Comment

• Anne--

Hopefully we can get a 64bit PowerBasic compiler by year end?
            Hello "Sleeping beauty", time for fairy tale has passed.

Patrice Terrier
            www.zapsolution.com
            www.objreader.com
            Addons: GDImage.DLL 32/64-bit (Graphic library), WinLIFT.DLL 32/64-bit (Skin Engine).

Comment

• Once again people are forgetting Vivian confirmed the 64 bit version of the compiler was well on it's way by the time Bob died. Maybe/probably not at the beta stage but it's also not a "from scratch" project for Drake.

Be nice and maybe Drake will give us a clue
              Regards,
              Marc

Comment

• If a 64 bit BASIC compiler is a current need, OxygenBasic is a good choice or bite the bullet and learn C++ like Patrice.

Comment

• Patrice, don't underestimate Drake Software, they can be quite capable as they are resource rich

Comment

• Anne--

Come on, the technology is moving fast, and since 2012 there are almost 5 years gone.

Patrice Terrier
                    www.zapsolution.com
                    www.objreader.com
                    Addons: GDImage.DLL 32/64-bit (Graphic library), WinLIFT.DLL 32/64-bit (Skin Engine).

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrice Terrier View Post
                      Anne--

Come on, the technology is moving fast, and since 2012 there are almost 5 years gone.

It depends on what you are looking for from PowerBASIC. It is a niche product. Visual Studio tries to be everything to everybody and does very little of it well. PowerBASIC's advantage is it can produces small, fast code, that's it's niche. Upgraded with the ability to make 64 bit programs and it can continue to perform that purpose long into the future. No OOP, make sure the third party IDEs and tools are compatible (or upgradable) and they will have customers for life.

Drake Software would not have bought it if they didn't plan on upgrading it to 64 bit. They too must see the 64 bit requirement writing on the wall and have made a decision of sticking with PB, buying it and upgrading it . This will the benefit of us all. I just think seeing the 64 bit version this year is optimistic.

Comment

• next year, than next year and it is too late ...

Comment

Working...
                        X