No announcement yet.

Website down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU politicians think they are clever - programmers are way ahead. See solution via US-based proxy server - posting #24 above.

Comment

Thanks, Borje.
      Via US-based proxy server - WORK.

Comment

The first time I discovered this problem was back in early June this year. At that time, I also was unable to reach www.drakesoftware.com . I can now, but www.powerbasic.com is still not available, but may be reached through Opera's VPN, where the server is located in the Netherlands.

Confusing. Netherlands is in EU? Isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Olav Bergesen View Post
          but may be reached through Opera's VPN, where the server is located in the Netherlands.

The Opera "VPN" is technically a secure proxy service. It encrypts only the Opera browser's traffic and routes it through a server operated by Canadian VPN provider SurfEasy.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/opera-vpn,review-4496.html
          I am legally blind. Please forgive any typos. I do try and catch as many as I can.

Comment

I know when I soke of Hilter it would be sinsetive.
            I was trying to give a good example of something that I had read about many years ago and never discussed. Europe as many other societies has gone through a lot. Even America has had its own problems so there is no pointing a finger here today.
            But another good example would be where people go to another country to get medical attention by whatever means that individual thinks they need. And it may or may not be harmful in the end to that person.
            I think one of the oldest sayings about purchasing something is "buyer beware". There are many things that go on whether I like it or not. But demand of the people usually set the standards by which they live whether it pleases me or not. I do like a level of fairness to all having a chance. A chance to what is debatable.
            At a covention in a heavy Cajun influenced area, I heard a man asking this beautiful not so tall Cajun Belle about something being fair that she had given a talk on. I will never forget her response. She said, "You want fair? The weather is fair."
            p purvis

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Purvis View Post
              I know when I soke of Hilter it would be sinsetive.
              Every thread eventually succumbs to Godwin's law...
              I am legally blind. Please forgive any typos. I do try and catch as many as I can.

Comment

And by the way, that Cajun woman was a teacher.
                p purvis

Comment

And by the way, that Cajun woman was a teacher.
                  She blocked the web site???
                  Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Yarker View Post
                    She blocked the web site???
                    A Cajun woman could accomplish that by simply giving it "the look".

Comment

((What is what I quoted even doing here? I know she didn't block the site!))
                      Dale

Comment

Working...
                      X