Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dale Yarker
    replied
    ((What is what I quoted even doing here? I know she didn't block the site!))

Leave a comment:

• Brice Manuel
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale Yarker View Post
    She blocked the web site???
    A Cajun woman could accomplish that by simply giving it "the look".

Leave a comment:

• Dale Yarker
    replied
    And by the way, that Cajun woman was a teacher.
    She blocked the web site???

Leave a comment:

• Paul Purvis
    replied
    And by the way, that Cajun woman was a teacher.

Leave a comment:

• Brice Manuel
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul Purvis View Post
    I know when I soke of Hilter it would be sinsetive.
    Every thread eventually succumbs to Godwin's law...

Leave a comment:

• Paul Purvis
    replied
    I know when I soke of Hilter it would be sinsetive.
    I was trying to give a good example of something that I had read about many years ago and never discussed. Europe as many other societies has gone through a lot. Even America has had its own problems so there is no pointing a finger here today.
    But another good example would be where people go to another country to get medical attention by whatever means that individual thinks they need. And it may or may not be harmful in the end to that person.
    I think one of the oldest sayings about purchasing something is "buyer beware". There are many things that go on whether I like it or not. But demand of the people usually set the standards by which they live whether it pleases me or not. I do like a level of fairness to all having a chance. A chance to what is debatable.
    At a covention in a heavy Cajun influenced area, I heard a man asking this beautiful not so tall Cajun Belle about something being fair that she had given a talk on. I will never forget her response. She said, "You want fair? The weather is fair."

Leave a comment:

• Brice Manuel
    replied
    Originally posted by Olav Bergesen View Post
    but may be reached through Opera's VPN, where the server is located in the Netherlands.

The Opera "VPN" is technically a secure proxy service. It encrypts only the Opera browser's traffic and routes it through a server operated by Canadian VPN provider SurfEasy.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/opera-vpn,review-4496.html

Leave a comment:

• Olav Bergesen
    replied
    The first time I discovered this problem was back in early June this year. At that time, I also was unable to reach www.drakesoftware.com . I can now, but www.powerbasic.com is still not available, but may be reached through Opera's VPN, where the server is located in the Netherlands.

Confusing. Netherlands is in EU? Isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Plamen Chobanov
    replied
    Thanks, Borje.
    Via US-based proxy server - WORK.

Leave a comment:

• Borje Hagsten
    replied
    EU politicians think they are clever - programmers are way ahead. See solution via US-based proxy server - posting #24 above.

Leave a comment:

• Dale Yarker
    replied
    https://www.powerbasic.com/ - also does not work !
    Because Bulgaria is in the EU.(which I said) http://... does not work because it no longer exists.

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• José Roca
    replied
    > Even the imagery is banned. If you were to make a historical-based wargame, whether software or pen and paper, you are not allowed to have imagery like the swastika on the military vehicles and uniforms even though it is historically accurate.

This ban was lifted recently.

Leave a comment:

• Plamen Chobanov
    replied
    https://www.powerbasic.com/ - also does not work !

Leave a comment:

• Dale Yarker
    replied
    Plamen,

Try https://www.powerbasic.com
    Non secure was discontinued. But, Bulgaria being in the EU means that won't work either.

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• Plamen Chobanov
    replied
    ... from Bulgaria

Click image for larger version  Name:	PBerr.png Views:	1 Size:	7.1 KB ID:	775199

Leave a comment:

• Brice Manuel
    replied
    My dad passed away about 18 months ago. I sure miss him like he said i would.
    I am sorry for your loss.

By once that person got in Germany, then they could arrest them for some kind of charges.
    Even the imagery is banned. If you were to make a historical-based wargame, whether software or pen and paper, you are not allowed to have imagery like the swastika on the military vehicles and uniforms even though it is historically accurate.

Goose-stepping and throwing "the salute", even if done in jest, is illegal. One could be left thinking Hitler is still held too sacred to be made fun of.

Germany has taken the approach of trying to scrub things from history and pretend it never happened. Hitler would be proud.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Purvis
    replied
    My dad passed away about 18 months ago. I sure miss him like he said i would.
    We had so much trouble with phone calls coming from Jamaica to fraud money from my father in his last 2 years.
    It was really tough. We changed the phone number he had at the house since 1963 even.
    Well it got bad and it is still bad. Even when my father was passing, they still called and i tried to ask them that were calling for some respect.
    They even got his cell number from him. Yes, we changed that number too.
    As i found out, when i tried to block international calls coming in that Jamaica is international calls.
    Some regulations changed that allowed those countries to not be considered international.

Well the point is. How in the world can dictated laws to them that would enforce those laws upon them.
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
    Well, that is about the same with this ongoing issue.

Which sort of brings me to something i read about years ago.
    Something to do with Hitlar and Germany were an individual could promote Hitlar's ideas or something like that, even out side of Germany.
    By once that person got in Germany, then they could arrest them for some kind of charges.
    Even though i totally disagree to the core with anybody supporting of Hiltar, and i really do not remember the details, because it has been so long ago, i also
    do not understand how Germany could find crime in that from free speech point of view and if it happened in another country.
    I do understand the closeness of countries in Germany and there it being hard to control borders.

Leave a comment:

• Dale Yarker
    replied
    T. A.

Leave a comment:

• Brice Manuel
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale Yarker View Post
    How do you know this? (even though that is more probable) ((and considering the EU's rules I would agree with PB if they are doing it!))
    Because Adam said so, and he has given me zero reason to doubt his word. Adam's posts on this for those who missed them:

8 Jun 2018, 09:16 PM
    I must apologize for a delayed reply on this one and no real information available to you all yet here on the forum. The day the website stopped working in some parts of the world I have determined that we have had to temporarily go dark in the EU while we examine the ramifications of GDPR and how it affects sales, etc. (the web team didn't inform me immediately of what was happening). Our attorneys currently believe the forum itself is not a problem to leave as is - but our web team and attorneys here have made the determination that it is prudent to take this step for the moment. I do apologize for any inconvenience this is causing, I hope you understand it is just unfortunately necessary.

11 Jun 2018, 08:29 PM
    This decision was outside the scope of my control and authority to make, I am attempting to expedite the decision making process. I truly am sorry for the headache.

Leave a comment:

• Dale Yarker
    replied
    PowerBASIC is the one doing the blocking.
    How do you know this? (even though that is more probable) ((and considering the EU's rules I would agree with PB if they are doing it!))

Leave a comment:

Working...
X