older xp shortcut to printer listing view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• older xp shortcut to printer listing view

I am just going to put this shortcut up that I copied from windows xp.
    I like this view of printers and it will not list all the other no printer stuff as in "devices and printers"
    I could not find a way to add this shortcut manually so i just copied it.
    It works in all windows as far as i know, at least the ones i have tried.

Attached Files
    p purvis

Originally posted by Paul Purvis View Post
    I could not find a way to add this shortcut manually so i just copied it.
    This is an easy one. Just click on start menu, right click on „Printers“, click on „Create Link“. Then you will have a .lnk-file in your desktop folder.

Cheers
    Albert
    „Let the machine do the dirty work.“
    The Elements of Programming Style, Brian W. Kernighan, P. J. Plauger 1978

Comment

Albert, that did not work for me.
      Is that German, I know it is October Fest.
      p purvis

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Purvis View Post
        Albert, that did not work for me.
        Is that German, I know it is October Fest.
        The menu item "Verknüpfung erstellen" means "Create shortcut on Desktop". Yes, this is the German version of Windows 7, as I am living in Switzerland. The languages spoken in Switzerland are mainly German, French and Italian.

What is happening when you are right-clicking an "Printers"?

Comment

The languages spoken in Switzerland are mainly German, French and Italian.
          And also this language:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjTtwKvAolc
          /Fim W.
          Fim Wästberg

Comment

I started liking the stout beers from a few years ago. I cut way back and only drink what i really like now.

On my windows 7 pro system, when i right click, it just says open.
            I have made a lot of adjustments to my system to more reflect what is on a users desk.
            I am not sure of the updates i have. I have stopped doing updates after i installed it and ran the updates.
            I did notice that on a few computers with windows 7 pro, that i can go full screen on a console and some settings are gone from shortcuts concerning that,
            but that is another story and i have not had time to do much testing and comparing of workstations.
            Attached Files
            p purvis

Comment

Fim, I understood the youdling very well on the next youtube video.
              p purvis

Comment

Originally posted by Fim Wästberg View Post
                And also this language:
                Yes, the Swiss dialect. There are many of them. Blues sung in a Swiss dialect (from Brienz) I have introduced over here.

Comment

Paul, What if you create a folder shortcut name "Paul's printers".
                  It can point anywhere because we are going to overwrite it.
                  Type ALT-Enter on it and set it to
                  %SystemRoot%\Explorer.exe /e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}

Is this what you want?
                  If close enough, have a look at...
                  The Secret BEHIND the Windows 7 GodMode
                  Specifying a Namespace Extension's Location
                  Canonical Names of Control Panel Items
                  Last edited by Pierre Bellisle; 10 Oct 2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Thank you Pierre, i read a lot of that and tried your example too.

Thank you Ablert, I do not know what the difference might be but I have a lot of changed GPO settings in my win 7 computer. I think I saw use classic start menu in a setting.
                    I had gotten so frustrated with how to access programs and too much clutter on the desktop. I placed just about all things in a folder called c:\other and inside there we have other common files and links to other things. Yes the explorer does not disappear after a link is clicked/executed. But our simple minded users seem to find comfort in that.
                    I do backup the folder c:\other to the another location upon login which is done daily once or more times if i have my hands working on it.

Attached Files
                    p purvis

Comment

Working...
                    X