Clear All

• Flagging and Liking Posts

At the bottom-right of each forum post, logged-in members see this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	flaglike.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	747799

If you click Like the number (0 in the image above) will increment. If you change your mind you can then Unlike the post to decrement the count.

For those not familiar with modern social media, "Liking" a post or "giving it a Plus One" means that you agree with it. It's an easy way to show support for the content of a post without adding a new post to the thread. This can be useful in both social and technical situations, for example showing support for your favorite programming solution among several in a thread, or helping to emphasize an important point made by a post.

If one or more members has Liked a post, you can click on the number to display their names.

If you click Flag you'll see this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	flagpost.png
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	747800

If you click Send Report, a Private Message and an email will immediately be sent to the Forum Manager and all Administrators, who will review the post in question at their earliest opportunity.

Please use restraint when Flagging posts. It should not be your first response to an erroneous or inappropriate post unless an issue needs (in your opinion) to be handled quickly, to minimize the number of people who see the inappropriate material. In most cases, responding to a post in a timely manner is the best choice. You may also send a PM to the Forum Manager manually, asking them to review a post or series of posts.

There is no visual indication that a post has been Flagged (as there is with Likes). If you do take the step of Flagging a post, please also post a Reply in the thread, saying that you have done so. Others can then Like your Reply rather than Flagging the post themselves.
    Last edited by Eric Pearson; 30 Apr 2016, 03:48 PM.
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

A clarification may be necessary...

Flagging a post is, of course, not the only way to object to its contents. Flagging is simply a way to bring a serious issue to the immediate attention of a Forum Administrator.

It is one tool among many. Posting a Reply and raising an objection in the thread itself is, of course, a perfectly fine way to handle less urgent or extreme issues. That's the preferred method of working out community conflicts. A Forum Admin may of course then choose to get involved, at their discretion.

Comment

Seems like a good time to bump this.

Comment

When I click on "like" I received this message:
        Error Saving Like

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

I get the same Arthur.

Comment

<AOL mode> Me To! </AOL mode>
            --
            [URL="http://www.camcopng.com"]CAMCo - Applications Development & ICT Consultancy[/URL][URL="http://www.hostingpng.com"]
            PNG Domain Hosting[/URL]

Comment

Working...
            X