Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Hutchesson
    replied
    I would only start to worry if it was version 666 as it may be issued with some other intent in mind.

Leave a comment:

• Kerry Farmer
    replied
    Joe

Interesting debate you introduce.

It is always a problem how much you should know about future developments when you introduce v 1.0

I always have problems of getting 1.0 out there. I want to keep adding new features. I need an issue discipline.

Then you need to restrict yourself for developments. And you need to define and estimate and timeline every development. At a very low level. And no 'a miracle happens here' type statements.

Some early histories about development are always interesting to read. There was a good book about developing a Data General operating system - I got the book here in my computer history library - I must try and remember the title - ? the Birth of a New Machine - was it?

Plan the development - then develop to the plan. Restrict your ambitions.

PB was a gradual development - at least for the time I was involved - since 2001. And there were/are hints in the help screens that Bob had future plans.

[question 'Am i doing this because it is fun or do the customers really want it? The answer is sometimes not easy]

Leave a comment:

• Stuart McLachlan
    replied
    I'm using Version 10

Leave a comment:

• Joe Caverly
    started a topic The Curse of Version 6

The Curse of Version 6

An article from Dr. Dobb's, 2014.

http://www.drdobbs.com/architecture-...on-6/240168952

Hoping that PowerBASIC moves beyond version 6, and into 64-bit.

Joe
Working...
X