X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam J. Drake
    replied
    The current vBulletin search does not use a 'fulltext' search, and as such - does not operate quite like we would hope. I am in communication with them right now to see if there is something I can do to make this some better for us all, but for now, the best thing may be to do a site search on Google as suggested. I will make information available when/if I hear anything directly from them about making any improvements.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Rice
    replied
    Stuart, sorry if my post offended you somehow. I’m not attached to them (the posts) and you can ask the forum moderators to remove them if you like. I know that Mike Doty likes using SQLite/SQLitening...he and I have communicated here a few times on the topic. I was showing him an example he could make to solve his issue... please take note of the wink “;-}” that I placed next to my suggestion. i.e. this might be more work than it’s worth...

I’ll reach out to Mike and see if he would like to communicate via e-mail so that your forum doesn’t get disrupted.

Leave a comment:

• Stuart McLachlan
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Rice View Post
    [USER="2118"]Stuart, it’s a private webpage bolted onto an SQLite database backend of “PBforum.db”. Double clicking any row in the grid, opens that thread on the PB forum in a new browser tab. All of it was created as proof-of-concept for part of another project.
    IOW, irrewlevant and of no use whatsoever to anyone else in overcoming the problem of the poor vBulletin search engine.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Rice
    replied
    Mike Doty was your comment above about NordVPN for me? If so, I’m not picking up on what you’re trying to tell me.

Stuart, it’s a private webpage bolted onto an SQLite database backend of “PBforum.db”. Double clicking any row in the grid, opens that thread on the PB forum in a new browser tab. All of it was created as proof-of-concept for part of another project.

Leave a comment:

• Stuart McLachlan
    replied
    I'm assumng that Powersearch.html is somethng you've written to run on your own private web server using a local dump of the PB forum database?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Rice
    replied
    Originally posted by Stuart McLachlan View Post
    Michael, I don't see any of your screenshots ("Invalid file specified")
    Strange ... if I display my post above on my iPad ... it displays fine (multiple browsers), Windows...not so much! :-/

and on another strange note...yesterday it let me upload 6 attachments and today it says the limit is 5... Oh the difference a day makes!!

Hopefully you can see the browser screen captures below:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mike1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	659.1 KB ID:	801077

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mike2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	570.7 KB ID:	801078

Options to select which columns are visible
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Mike3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	624.2 KB ID:	801079

Filter options
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Mike7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.9 KB ID:	801080

All the threads I’ve ever started here...
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Mike8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	474.1 KB ID:	801081

Leave a comment:

• Stuart McLachlan
    replied
    Michael, I don't see any of your screenshots ("Invalid file specified")

Leave a comment:

• Michael Rice
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Doty View Post
    Advanced search on this BBS

Keywords sqlite sqlitening returns nothing

Yep...advanced search is broken

Maybe time to “roll your own”... ;-} (see screen shots below) or just use google option.

Mike, I don’t visit here very often these days.

Options to select which columns are visible

Filter options

All the threads I’ve ever started here...
    Last edited by Michael Rice; 16 Oct 2020, 04:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stuart McLachlan
    replied
    There's little point in reporting the poor search capabilities of vBulletin to PowerBasic. It's a widely known defect of the software and there's nothing a forum admin can do about it.

site:forum.powerbasic.com sqlitening "Michael Rice"
    9 Results

Leave a comment:

• Mike Doty
    replied
    Thanks! I also use your method.

I hope this has been reported to PowerBASIC.
    I was going to add something to a Michael Rice post about security using SQLitening, but couldn't even find Michael Rice.
    SQLitening can be used over internet with NordVPN if users use the same password (select same dedicated server) or you purchase a dedicated IP from
    NordVPN.

Many VPN services are now using the free WireGuard and so can we! They rename it to something else.

Leave a comment:

• Stuart McLachlan
    replied
    vBulletin search is always cr*p!

Try Google:

site:forum.powerbasic.com sqlite sqlitening
    Returns:
    About 95 results (0.29 seconds)

site:forum.powerbasic.com sqlitening
    About 184 results

site:forum.powerbasic.com sqlite
    About 351 results