Online Help Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Help Forum

What has happened to the Online Help Forum?
    Rod
    I want not 'not', not Knot, not Knott, not Nott, not knot, not naught, not nought, but aught.

Looks like that whole sub-forum has been removed from the "Announcements & FAQs" area.

"Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page. For assistance contact the site administrator."

Guess you'll have to use your .chm file(s)!

or download a manual:

https://downloads.powerbasic.com/pdf...ws%20v10.0.pdf

https://downloads.powerbasic.com/pdf...ler%20v6.0.pdf

Comment

I have the documentation, it's just that there's a lot of additional information regarding some of the entries. For example, MAK, HI, LO don't seem to be functioning the way I thought they should and I wanted to see if there was additional information that came to light after the documentation was originally released under any of them.
      Rod
      I want not 'not', not Knot, not Knott, not Nott, not knot, not naught, not nought, but aught.

Comment

I can't proof that whole thing in a reasonable amount of time. Things such as several dead links to technical support that no longer exists, etc., or copyright, trademark entries that aren't actually current anymore. I'm working on trying to have all documentation in multiple forms (PDF, HTML, etc., in a form I can proof/maintain well). There is a single digit number of threads that even have responses as new as 2020. Would it be beneficial to start a new channel to discuss documentation with a more narrow focus than trying to have all of the content here on the forum? I realistically can't maintain/proof help content in forum thread format.
        Adam Drake
        PowerBASIC

Comment

Would it be beneficial to start a new channel to discuss documentation with a more narrow focus than trying to have all of the content here on the forum?
          In a word, yes.
          Rod

Comment

https://forum.powerbasic.com/forum/u...cumentation-ab
            Adam Drake
            PowerBASIC

Comment

I've added one thread there, if anyone can think of others that have been discussed where the documentation doesn't match observed behaviour, this would be a good place to list them.
              I can't think of any specifics offhand, but I know there are a few.

Comment

There is a single digit number of threads that even have responses as new as 2020.
                Isn't that a good thing? Not too many errors in help. And, I'd guess some of the recent posts belong in a different section (somebody having a problem using a PB function or statement, not with the wording or accuracy of the help itself.)

Cheers,
                Dale

Comment

Not too many errors in [PB IDE] help
                  Errors of COmission, anyway.

But what of errors of Omission?
                  Michael Mattias
                  Tal Systems (retired)
                  Port Washington WI USA
                  [email protected]
                  http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Not too many errors in help.
                    But what of errors of Omission?
                    There are a bunch of clarifications/additions|omissions/changes/suggestions that have been suggested, all before Adam took over. I don't know the exact count, but it's a fairly sizeable number(30+) and I'm sure there are other priorities. Considering we have lived and functioned with it this long it can't be that big of a deal. I was surprised that the Online Help had disappeared, but I have no idea how many actually used that forum to look something up. But I don't recall any of us were adding to it lately.
                    Rod

Comment

but I have no idea how many actually used that forum to look something up
                      Well, at least one (me).

When I could not get a function or verb to behave as I thought it should, or if it was something "new" to me, I would check there for 'clarifications/extensions.'

But I don't recall any of us were adding to it lately.
                      I dare suggest most of the additions were made much earlier in the product's life cycle.

MCM
                      Michael Mattias
                      Tal Systems (retired)
                      Port Washington WI USA
                      [email protected]
                      http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Make that two, that's how I found out that forum was missing.Turns out that it was a programmer(the same yahoo that causes most of my issues ) error that was causing my problems with MAK, but I knew there was at least one suggestion about MAK, since it's missing from the Command Summary-Numeric list.
                        Rod

Comment

Working...
                        X