Announcement

Collapse

Forum Guidelines

PowerBASIC provides The Classifieds as a service to the PB Community. Unless specifically stated, endorsement by PowerBASIC should not be inferred, even if PB Management relays information from an outside source.

Posts in this forum should be updated periodically to reflect your changing circumstances. Post that have not been updated for 180 days are subject to deletion.
See more
See less

PB DOS 3.5 MANUALs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB DOS 3.5 MANUALs

Hello Dear Friends,

I'm looking for a replacement copy of the PBDOS3.5 manuals in very good condition. If anyone wants to part with their printed manuals, I am happy to purchase them from you. I only need 1 copy. I live in Mississauga, Canada, so if you put them in a simple plastic envelope (tight wrap) that works best for mailing to me cost wise around $10.

A few years ago, I had a main water pipe burst just above my computer book cases and electronics workbench. Most of my books went to the recycling depot. I have been buying replacements as needed, mostly used copies in very good condition shipped from all over the USA, some from the UK... either with or without the original diskette, CD or 5.25 floppy.

There was another learning BASIC book, the first I purchased back in 1999 from the Chapters book store, I can't remember the title, but it was the book that led me to PowerBASIC, it came with a disk loaded with a DOS Basic compiler, I'm sure it was an early version of PBDOS, anyway I'm only trying to remember the name of that book to relieve my night time OCD.

Lastly, I would not mind a replacement copy of PBWIN 8, and 10... wait I can't recall if there was a printed PB10 manual? I had either 9 or 10 that was signed by Bob. I recently purchased the PB9 printed manual from Gary Beene. Thank you Gary!

Many Thanks!
    Best regards
    Jules

Best regards
    Jules
    www.rpmarchildon.com

Hey Jules,
    This is not exactly what you describe, here it is in any case...
    It was BASIC, it has a disquette, and it was one of the best BASIC book I ever read.
    1991 BASIC Techniques and Utilities Book by Ethan Winer

I will keep mine until I die, :-)
    but many are availiable on the net.

Comment

Thanks for the link Pierre! I do recall having this book that was lost to water damage. Glad to know others have favorite keepsakes!

Oh, forgot to mention, I do have a couple duplicate books on Custom controls ...
      ISBN 0-471-24267-5
      ISBN 0-13-034497-4 ...trade for the manuals.
      Best regards
      Jules
      www.rpmarchildon.com

Comment

I realize that these are only PDF copies of the printed manuals, but might be useful for others;

Using Turbo Basic
        https://archive.org/details/UsingTurboBasic

Borland Turbo Basic
        https://archive.org/details/bitsaver...k1987_15768512

Joe

Comment

Jules - I have both PBDOS 3.0 manuals if these are of any use to you (Refence and Programmer's Guides). I am in the UK so let me know if they are of any use.

Iain
          “None but those who have experienced them can conceive of the enticements of science” - Mary Shelley

Comment

Thank you for the replies!

@ Joe, I already have these downloaded. Should have mentioned that earlier.

@ Iain, Let's hold for a bit, since I'm kind of a collector too, I'd prefer the 3.5 version of the books. Although 3.0 + "whats new topic" in the readme file can work for me too. I'll get back to you.

Many Thanks!
            Best regards
            Jules
            Best regards
            Jules
            www.rpmarchildon.com

Comment

Any time Jules - they are not going anywhere. Perhaps you could pop across and pick them up!!

Iain
              “None but those who have experienced them can conceive of the enticements of science” - Mary Shelley

Comment

Found a picture of one of my book cases, (lost to severe water damage)... there is the spine of the book "Learning Basic" I think it was Sams Publication. If anyone remembers this book, I'd like to get the ISBN for it.

Thanks!
                Best regards
                Jules
                Attached Files
                Best regards
                Jules
                www.rpmarchildon.com

Comment

Learning Basic, Don Inman, ISBN 0-672-30007-9

Comment

That's it!!! Darrell, many thanks for the information! Now I can sleep better at night. (for now).

Best regards
                    Jules
                    Best regards
                    Jules
                    www.rpmarchildon.com

Comment

I have a fortune in computer literature. Sadly most books are weak in substance.
                      p purvis

Comment

Working...
                      X