Announcement

Collapse

Forum Guidelines

PowerBASIC, Inc. provides The Classifieds as a service to the PB Community. Unless specifically stated, endorsement by PowerBASIC should not be inferred, even if PB Management relays information from an outside source.

Members note: Questions about postings are welcome, but editorial replies are not allowed.

If no AVAILABLE UNTIL information is included in a Positions/Projects Available post, it will be deleted after 90 days. If your position is filled, please update your post.
See more
See less

PBWin10 DLL Developer Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBWin10 DLL Developer Request

This is a cool project - but I only have so many hours in a day with a busy schedule.

I am looking for someone to create a PBWin10 DLL that would all me to read or write to an MP3 ID3 Tag Field
    (older Mp3's as well as new)

Example DLL: MediaTag.dll
    Some possible functions:
    mGetTile, mGetAlbum, mGetYear, mGetTrack, etc.
    mPutTitle, mPutAlbum, mPutYear etc...

Anyone Interested please let me know.

Mike

mwm

Have a look at AudioGenie.dll, it is what i am using myself into my BassBox (PB project), and BB64 (C++ project)
    I can even display the Album cover art, using the embedded image thumbnail.

Here is a screen shot of what i am speaking about

Patrice Terrier
    www.zapsolution.com
    www.objreader.com
    Addons: GDImage.DLL 32/64-bit (Graphic library), WinLIFT.DLL 32/64-bit (Skin Engine).

Comment

Thanks Patrice,

Hope all is well with you and your endeavor's!

However, most of the downloads for AudioGenie.dll that I found don't include any include files or documentation. I'll keep looking.
      My main goal is to replace mp3 tags - but most tag programs just don't do enough and require manual intervention.

Regards
      Mike
      mwm

Comment

audiogenie3.inc

audiogenie3 doc

Comment

Thank You Pierre

I'll take a look!

Mike
          mwm

Comment

If you plan to rewrite parts of the TAG, make sure that you don't overwrite/remove the Album cover art image, and if there is none then try to provide one from the internet.
            Search for "Album Art Downloader"
            Patrice Terrier
            www.zapsolution.com
            www.objreader.com
            Addons: GDImage.DLL 32/64-bit (Graphic library), WinLIFT.DLL 32/64-bit (Skin Engine).

Comment

Originally posted by Patrice Terrier View Post
              If you plan to rewrite parts of the TAG, make sure that you don't overwrite/remove the Album cover art image, and if there is none then try to provide one from the internet.
              Erhm, please do not add (aka bloat) the MP3 with useless graphics without the prior consent of the user! It's a f'ing PITA to remove all covers i.e. from Amazon's AutoRip provided MP3s.

Comment

That's the current way they are provided when buying them from the internet, and this is what the Windows Explorer uses when looking at a folder in thumbnail mode.
                Patrice Terrier
                www.zapsolution.com
                www.objreader.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Meeks View Post
                  I am looking for someone to create a PBWin10 DLL that would all me to read or write to an MP3 ID3 Tag Field
                  (older Mp3's as well as new)
                  This might be worth looking at: MP3TAG - The universal tag editor

„Let the machine do the dirty work.“
                  The Elements of Programming Style, Brian W. Kernighan, P. J. Plauger 1978

Comment

Thank You all for your input.

I have many clients who have thousands of MP3's over the years, all in different naming conventions.

For example: (actual filenames and titles)

10 (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Best Of Me
                    10 (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams - Best Of
                    (Everything I Do) I Do It For You 10 - Bryan Adams
                    and the list gets even worst.

And what they want is:

Everything I Do I Do It For You - Bryan Adams - 2002

I understand they can use Software to change the Tags, Filenames etc. but
                    to remove special characters if you don't like the current Title Tags would have to
                    be done manually.

Creating a little program using PB can take this mess and make it useful in
                    just a few minutes.

I have what I need - thanks again for the all the assistance and ideas.
                    I'm only going after the Title Tag and the actual filename. Everything else
                    I'm leaving alone - the rest is up to them.

Have a great day!

Mike

mwm

Comment

Creating a little program using PB can take this mess and make it useful in
                      just a few minutes.
                      Why re-invent the wheel? MP3TAG allows scripting.
                      „Let the machine do the dirty work.“
                      The Elements of Programming Style, Brian W. Kernighan, P. J. Plauger 1978

Comment

Originally posted by Patrice Terrier View Post
                        That's the current way they are provided when buying them from the internet, and this is what the Windows Explorer uses when looking at a folder in thumbnail mode.
                        Yes. And that's terrible. I've disabled thumbnails on all of my systems. I don't need no album covers. Other may do - so please let the user decide. And if you're going for a "safe default", learn from MS's past mistakes, where the default was "anything always on" which then allowed Windows to become the malware target that MS has to fight off for a decade.

Turn everything off - hint the user that there's more.

Comment

In my case things are very simple, if there is one i show it, and if there is none then i show this one

Patrice Terrier
                          www.zapsolution.com
                          www.objreader.com

Comment

Thanks Albert,

But I have been turned off with many of the tagging software out their free or purchased. Many of my clients have tried to use them - but they are limited in what they can do & hard to understand. However, I will still take a look at MP3Tag for myself - looks interesting.

I finally finished my little rmedia program and it renames all of the filenames of over 5000 songs according to the users idea, showing the names of the files before it happens.
                            It only takes a few minutes - select your folder - see your files - click the options you want for renaming - clean up song name tags - click the options you want - and do it!

Clients are happy - that's the end result. Just need to polish it up a bit when I get time.

Thanks for all the great comments - you guys are awesome!

Regards

Mike

mwm

Comment

+1 for MP3Tag

But I have been turned off with many of the tagging software out their free or purchased. Many of my clients have tried to use them - but they are limited in what they can do & hard to understand.
                              ... or maybe your clients haven't spent more than 5 minutes trying to figure out how the software works. That's at least my experience with customers. Patience and reading comprehension are two skills that nowadays seem to require some advance arcane knowledge in order to be applied.

That said: I've spent more than 5 minutes with MP3Tag to figure out how its scripting works, did a few test runs, tweaked the file name patterns et voilà - all files were properly renamed to my liking, the tags of each file preperly set and all cover art got properly removed.

Comment

Working...
                              X