PB Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB Forms

Stupid question, but does PB Forms include integrated help? If so, is there something special I need to do to make it work with Windows 7?

It's the type of help file...

Why can't I get Help from this program?

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows. However, you can download a program that will allow you to view Help created in the Windows Help format.

For more information, go to the Microsoft Help and Support website.

You need to go here
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=166421

Comment

Gotcha, thank you Carlo.

Comment

I should note do not try this if you are using the RC of 7 (good until June 2010) , it will not pass the validation. I found this out the hard way after I moved stuff around so I could connect my 7 system to the net connection.

If you are in the same boat as me, it is best to use the online help for PB Forms 1.51.

Comment

I'm keen to hear, how does it compare to the other 3rd party visual designers out ther. I have not yet upgraded to V2.0 yet. How does it compare

Comment

PB Forms uses DDT, Firefly uses SDK and EZGUI uses its own system. I do not think it is fair to compare PB Forms to other third-party designers as they all use different methods and approaches.

I can't speak to 2.0 as I can't afford it. But with 1.51 there are some very minor "niggles" with 9.02.

1. Help issue. I realize I am in the minority on this one, as I am using 7 RC which doesn't pass the validation. My dev machine is NOT connected to the net which makes it hard to update even if I was using the retail of 7. Again, I know I am in the minority. I tracked down a free hlp to chm converter. IMHO, this is the best solution.

2. Toolbars are not directly supported. Very disappointing since most things I make utilize a toolbar. I am probably in the minority on this one.

These "niggles" do not exist with PB Forms 2.0. It is my understanding that PB Forms 2.0 also supports the DDT related changes and enhancements that 9.X brought.

Comment

2. Toolbars are not directly supported. Very disappointing since most things I make utilize a toolbar. I am probably in the minority on this one.
              Brice, I'm not sure I understand you here. Vers 2 of PB Forms lists support for Toolbar Controls as a NEW feature. Are you disappointed in how this has been implemented, or am I missing something? -- tom

Comment

Toolbars are offered and supported in PowerBASIC Forms 2. Brice is using the older version 1.51.

Bob Zale
                PowerBASIC INc

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cone Jr View Post
                  Brice, I'm not sure I understand you here. Vers 2 of PB Forms lists support for Toolbar Controls as a NEW feature. Are you disappointed in how this has been implemented, or am I missing something? -- tom
                  Tom, it is NOT good form to quote somebody out of context as it leads to confusion and sometimes animosity. I was VERY clear I was only referring to 1.51 and that this is NOT an issue in 2.0.

*edit* My words should also NOT be taken as a complaint against any product. I was simply providing an opinion on the question asked. My personal opinion is all of the GUI editors (official and third-party) have their pros and cons. The reason there are so many solutions is because one tool is not right for everybody.
                  Last edited by Brice Manuel; 22 Nov 2009, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Brice, I didn't mean to offend, and apologize for having done so. I simply misread your post. Sorry. -- tom

Comment

Tom, you didn't offend me. I just wanted it to be clear to all that I was not making misrepresentations about PBForms 2.0

Comment

Working...
                      X