Hot off the presses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot off the presses

Exciting news for your DDT development needs! The very latest, shiny, ...read about it here.

Yes it is, bought 9 but haven't used it waiting waiting for the matching forms.
    Simple question, is there a way for it to convert an existing program done in 1.51 and 8.03 to the new CB. format of 9

Comment

Cool, placed my order at 1:13 today- even shoved my cheeseburger aside to do it the minute I saw the announcement!

Comment

I can't help but chuckle. I got PB Forms on November 3rd and there is already a new update to buy Compare this to a certain competing language that has a broken GUI editor that hasn't been updated in over two years. PowerBasic rocks!
        Last edited by Brice Manuel; 17 Nov 2009, 02:51 PM.

Comment

> I got PB Forms on the November 3rd and there is already a new update to buy

Keep that positive attitude: Don't ask how long between PB 6 and PB 7!
          Michael Mattias
          Tal Systems (retired)
          Port Washington WI USA
          [email protected]
          http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Mattias View Post
            > I got PB Forms on the November 3rd and there is already a new update to buy

Keep that positive attitude: Don't ask how long between PB 6 and PB 7!
            Or how long it has been between 1.51 and 2

Comment

PB/DOS current and PB/DOS next (and likely last)?

Nothing and PB/Unix?

Pb/Win 9.0.1 and Pb/Win 9.0.2? No, this was not long in calendar time, but when you are waiting for a bug fix it is quite frustrating to realize the beta test cycle was perforce lengthened by the ADDITION OF NEW FEATURES IN WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A 'MAINTENANCE ONLY' RELEASE!!!

Well, I have asked for both 'maintenance only' releases and "help file updates only" releases (like there aren't enough of those to make every time there is a 'something-dot-zero)..... but I guess there aren't enough others asking for the same thing.

MCM
              Michael Mattias
              Tal Systems (retired)
              Port Washington WI USA
              [email protected]

Comment

Care for some cheese with that whine? :crazy:

Comment

Actually, it's been my experience that trolls avoid cheese at all costs.

Bob Zale
                  PowerBASIC Inc.

Comment

Think what you will about "maintenance only" releases.... then see http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ad.php?t=41995

Of course, I am presupposing the 'history.txt' file with said maintenance releases would actually include ALL the bugs which were fixed in that release.. unlike this ".0.2" release...

Sheesh, I had to write support to confirm a bug I had been previously told WOULD be fixed in ".0.2" was actually fixed in this release. (I was told it was).

(For those of you scoring with us at home, that was the "let's make up an address for the ASCIIZ parameter which was passed 'BYVAL %NULL' when passing it to another procedure" bug.)

MCM
                    Michael Mattias
                    Tal Systems (retired)
                    Port Washington WI USA
                    [email protected]

Comment

Crickey - where's the RID when you need it!
                      Rgds, Dave

Comment

For various and sundry reasons I like to keep my compilers as current as possible, but for crying out loud, please make the "What's New" and "what's changed" and "History.txt" accurate.

Maybe this is not important to a lot of you, but it sure is for me.

But you know the weird part? I never really NEED to go back and change something, because I found a workaround when I first found the bug. I'll get to changing the code back to the way I originally wanted, but it's not all that important anymore.

Believe it or not, clients of PB users won't wait as long for corrections as will PB users themselves.

MCM
                        Michael Mattias
                        Tal Systems (retired)
                        Port Washington WI USA
                        [email protected]

Comment

Have you ever, even once, considered posting "on-topic"?

Comment

No hammer is perfect, but you have to build the house with the hammer you've got. Problems with your hammer aren't the concern of the house buyer; it's up to you to figure out the work-arounds. I just don't understand why the introduction of shiny new hammers should bring out a bunch of complaints about how often hammers are forged and the hammer documentation. I'm much more interested in how fast and how hard I can pound nails with the new one.

Comment

you forgot to post here: http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...isplay.php?f=6
                              stanthemanstan~gmail
                              Dead Theory Walking
                              Range Trie Tree
                              HLib ~ Free Data Container Lib ~ Arrays, Lists, Stacks, Queues, Deques, Trees, Hashes

Comment

Brice,
                                I got PB Forms on November 3rd and there is already a new update to buy..
                                I'd think it would be worth your while to send an email to [email protected] and ask if there's anything they can do for you..?
                                Rgds, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Biggs View Post
                                  Brice,
                                  I'd think it would be worth your while to send an email to [email protected] and ask if there's anything they can do for you..?
                                  According the past experiences by other users I'm convinced that PBsales will be able to do something for you. just send them a mail

Comment

Thank you guys, I appreciate it. However, I just want to note I was not complaining, I was praising! It makes me happy to see a new release this soon. Much like I bought PB 9.01 and within days, 9.02 was released

With some of the BS I have deal with over the years with competing products (reread previous reference), I love seeing a language that is cared about by its developers and is actively supported and updated

Comment

Hi Brice,
                                      ..I was not complaining, I was praising!
                                      Yeah I appreciated that - just reckon you would be even happier with the new version.
                                      Rgds, Dave

Comment

Tal Systems Inc. (my firm) has a simple policy to deal with this.

When you purchase a stock item - that is, a package license - you get ninety (90) days warranty, maintenance and support included.

Any updates, upgrades or new releases announced during your warranty period are automatically included with your included warranty, maintenance and support.

I'm not suggesting PowerBASIC do the same; their situation vis-a-vis support and updates (within version) and upgrades (new verson) is different, as they do not offer optional maintenance and support periods. (I do; these support packages include updates and upgrades, but you must pay an annual maintenance fee to get this).

However, PowerBASIC offers "within-version" updates essentially forever at no cost to the user .. something I don't do.. and do not want to do. They also offer reduced price upgrades (new version) at a reduced price to customers who licensed a previous version - also essentially forever - and also something I don't do and don't want to do.

MCM
                                        Michael Mattias
                                        Tal Systems (retired)
                                        Port Washington WI USA
                                        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                        X