No announcement yet.

INKEY$ and graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same problem here, with ATI Radeon x600-256 MB RAM, Pentium 4 3.20 GHz and XPPro SP2. The compiler is PBCC 4.04.

Bye

Sergio

Comment

Well, its been a couple of days, and no official response yet.

So.......... is there a possible fix for this? Maybe a workaround? Anything in the works?

Do I need to change some settings in my video driver? They're all set to pretty much standard settings, for ATI.
      I'm out of ideas at this point, since nothing I do on my PC makes a difference, short of removing my video driver (not an option).

Any official input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Any official input would be appreciated.
        It seems pretty obvious to me that this is an issue with the ATI driver, not a PB problem. IMO then, any "official word" would have to come from ATI, no?

I mean really, think about it. If a piece of hardware I have causes MS Office (for example) to crash, is it MS problem? I'm 99.99999% sure they'd send me a polite response to change hardware, or contact the hardware manufacturer. In fact, that seems to be the message you see when there is a driver conflict and Windows crashes.
        Software makes Hardware Happen

Comment

Joe, while I agree that this does seem to point to some kind of incompatibility between PBCC and my ATI driver (and I could be wrong on that), I've not seen any other issues with my driver and any other software.
          In fact, I've got other software that asks for keyboard input from a graphics window, and there's no problem at all.
          And I certainly couldn't ask everyone that has an ATI card to change their hardware so that any program I might create will work on their machine. That would be unreasonable.

I've tried different driver versions, same result. And others with different model ATI video cards have the same issue. They probably have different drivers too. Right now I'm using the latest ATI driver.

If my video card can work so flawlessly with all other software that I've tried, I don't see why it can't work without issue with PBCC.
          In addition to that, if PBCC can work with nVidia and Intel graphics, I don't see why it can't work just as well with ATI.

But the bottom line at this point is, I don't really know WHAT the problem is. Thus the request for some official input.

Comment

>Well, its been a couple of days, and no official response yet.
            >Thus the request for some official input

You DID send an email request for said official comment to [email protected], right?

This forum is not a venue for 'official' support... it is a venue for Peer Support only.

MCM
            Michael Mattias
            Tal Systems (retired)
            Port Washington WI USA
            [email protected]
            http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by G Grant View Post
              I'm using PBCC 4.04, and an ATI card also.
              If you make a compiled EXE available (I haven't the 4.x version of PB/CC) I will be happy to try on my machine too (iMac, with ATI video card).

Bye!
              -- The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it.

File Extension Seeker - Metasearch engine for file extensions / file types
              Online TrID file identifier | TrIDLib - Identify thousands of file formats

Comment

You DID send an email request for said official comment to [email protected], right?

This forum is not a venue for 'official' support... it is a venue for Peer Support only.

MCM
                Ah, my bad. I apologize. I'll get on that. Thanks for the heads up.

If you make a compiled EXE available (I haven't the 4.x version of PB/CC) I will be happy to try on my machine too (iMac, with ATI video card).
                Thanks, Marco. I PM'ed you.

Comment

POSITIVE UPDATE with PBCC 5.0

Well, I just got my version of PB/CC 5.0, and reran this same test code, and it now works FLAWLESSLY!!! Thank you PowerBASIC.

In addition to that, there is now the GRAPHIC INKEY$ command, meaning there's no longer any need to even switch focus to the console window to get keyboard input. Quite the bonus!!!!

Again, thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                  X