Problem w/PBCC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem w/PBCC5

I'm using XP PRO SP2. When I click on the console system button I receive a message that windoz cannot shut down the program. This does not happen with PBCC4. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Walt Decker

#BREAK ON

Read all about it...

Comment

Deleted
      Last edited by Mike Doty; 20 Feb 2009, 01:39 PM.
      CMD shortcut to open any location:
      %windir%\system32\cmd.exe /k " cd\ & x: & cd x:\xxxx
      Change to run as administrator
      How long is an idea? Write it down.

Comment

Thank you, Bob.

However, I've run into another problem. With PBCC4 in DEBUG mode the debug window used to remain active when in "run" mode. That is not the case with PBCC5. Is there a way to keep the debug window active so that the program can be stopped at any point regardless of whether there is an error?
        Walt Decker

Comment

We did that to vastly speed up debug execution over large sections of code without breaks. If you must have a break from the keyboard, just GOTO Window/Options/Compiler and click "Break on error". That forces the debugger to stop and check on every line of code.

Comment

Thanks, Bob.

I did that but then it breaks on every error regardless of whether there is an error trap. Oh well, with all the nifty things in the PB products, I can live with that.

Thanks again for the info and the fine products you produce.
            Walt Decker

Comment

Thanks for that info Bob. You can disregard the e-mail I sent to support concerning this matter.
              There are no atheists in a fox hole or the morning of a math test.
              If my flag offends you, I'll help you pack.

Comment

More programmer control over this kind of thing: SetConsoleCtrlHandler() WinApi function.

I know there are examples here.
                Michael Mattias
                Tal Systems (retired)
                Port Washington WI USA
                [email protected]
                http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Working...
                X