DragQueryFile in PBCC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragQueryFile in PBCC?

I see a couple of examples of this function for PBWin, but I can't figure out how to get the hDrop parameter in CC.

Couple someone write up just a brief example where you can drop a file list out of windows explorer onto the icon and have it print the file list to the console?

The big idea is to use this as a replacement for the COMMAND$() function for a send-to item to avoid the 2k workspace limit.

Thanks!
    The boy just ain't right.

If you mean like "paste" onto a desktop shortcut icon, that file list comes in thru COMMAND$.

Same with "send to", the file name(s) come into your program via COMMAND$. (See the "properties" of the "send to" items in your start menu, you'll see ' programname.exe %1' )

I think multiple files come in null-delimited, with two nulls at the end. That means you will have to parse lpCmdLine yourself, as ASCIIZ [PTR] datatypes will be truncated by the compiler at the FIRST null, which is not what you would want in this case.

However... when you copy a list of files from Explorer, an 'hdrop' is put on the clipboard with format type CF_HDROP. Go get that, and there's your 'hdrop' for use with DragQueryFile()

Your completed demo will be appreciated in the source code forum.

MCM
    Michael Mattias
    Tal Systems (retired)
    Port Washington WI USA
    [email protected]
    http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Working...
    X