Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Select EXE Destination Folder Option

Greetings

Unless mistaken, I do not believe that the PBCC IDE editor includes an option that allows the user to designate a specific folder where compiled EXE programs can be placed.

Perhaps this is something that can be included in future PBCC releases.

Thanx-A-Lot, Frank

True, it is not in the IDE menu choises. But that might conflict with how it is done if it were added.

In either PBCC or PBWin Help see #COMPILE
    ...If a path is included, the compiled file is placed in the named directory; otherwise, it is placed in the current directory.
    Cheers,
    Dale

Comment

Greetings ....

Thanks -- I don't read all the details about every PBCC feature, so I appreciate the tip.

The reason for my inquiry was that I remembered the EXE folder option was a feature of the PowerBasic-DOS IDE Editor, and I like the idea of keeping certain type files in separate folders, provided that no conflict problems occur.
      Last edited by Frank Ferrell; 17 Feb 2017, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Hi Frank,
        Then, as a workaround, how about to specify the path and filename on the #Compile line of your code files...

#COMPILE EXE "C:\MyExeFolder\MyProgram.exe"

Pierre

Comment

Greetings ....

Thanks Pierre - I had already figured that out.

If your PBCC main folder is located on one drive -AND- if all PBCC and user-created folders are under the main folder -AND- if your BAS, INC and
          other files are in the Samples folder -THEN- only the following is needed to put EXEs elsewhere.

Code:
          #COMPILE EXE "..\EXE_1\KopyFGF2017.exe"

The "..\EXE_1\" follows normal Windows and DOS folder finding rules.
          Thanx-A-Lot, Frank

Comment

Working...
          X