A Simple PBCC Plot Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Simple PBCC Plot Program?

Has anyone written, or know of, a simple 2-D plot program for PBCC that, (for example), would be able to draw a sine wave? (i.e. it would (for example) be able to plot a dependent variable as a function of time.)

I realize that I could probably calculate a data set in EXCEL and then plot it, but it seems that it would be more interesting to be able to insert/swap an equation in a general purpose PBCC code.

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

In the samples that came with PBCC 6 there is a program PwrGraph.bas that might give you some ideas.
    Rod
    I want not 'not', not Knot, not Knott, not Nott, not knot, not naught, not nought, but aught.

Comment

Code:
      'PBCC6 program
      FUNCTION PBMAIN () AS LONG

LOCAL Angle, Amplitude,pi AS EXT

pi=3.14159265358979323

GRAPHIC WINDOW "Sine wave", 100, 100, 400, 400  TO hWin???
      GRAPHIC ATTACH hWin???, 0

GRAPHIC SCALE (0,-1) - (2*pi,1)     'scale the graphics so a sine wave fills the window
      GRAPHIC SET POS (0,200)             'offset the origin half way up the window

FOR Angle = 0 TO 2*pi STEP 0.01
          Amplitude = SIN(Angle)
          GRAPHIC LINE  -(Angle,Amplitude)

NEXT

WAITKEY$
      GRAPHIC WINDOW END

END FUNCTION

Comment

Rodney and Paul -- Thank you so much for your quick responses! Rodney, I shall certainly check out your suggestion: PwrGraph. Paul, it looks like you have something running already. Indeed so! You guys amaze me! I got it to run one time, and then I stepped into that familiar trap again, (I'm embarrassed), that I "cannot compile because the program is already running".

I have spent several hours on it again, so far. Can you or some other kind soul please remind me how to get out of this trap again? This time I will write it, in large letters, on my wall <g>!

Thank you again,
        David

Comment

Paul,

It worked fine here, even looks good. I don't have a clue how it works but that does not really matter.
          hutch at movsd dot com
          The MASM Forum

www.masm32.com

Comment

In Paul's code try changing "WAITKEY$" to "GRAPHIC WAITKEY$", it may help. Otherwise, check to see if your anti virus set up is interfering.
            Rod
            I want not 'not', not Knot, not Knott, not Nott, not knot, not naught, not nought, but aught.

Comment

That worked, Rodney! And thank you again, Paul, for the clever design!

Comment

Small fix - move the line that offsets the origin to before the scale change.
                Code:
                GRAPHIC SET POS (0,200)             'offset the origin half way up the window
                GRAPHIC SCALE (0,-1) - (2*pi,1)     'scale the graphics so a sine wave fills the window
                Rgds, Dave

Comment

Working...
                X