X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Bookmarks In PB IDE ?

Using PB/CC 6.0.4..

In the IDE, "Edit" menu, is an entry for " Go to Bookmark Ctrl+B"

But darned if I can find how to set/unset bookmarks, either via menu or any documented hotkeys in the help file

I always liked these and in my return to programming (a couple of years) I miss them.

Ooops..... on a whim I tried CTRL+n and ALT+n to Go TO, mark or unmark bookmark 'n' ... and that works.

But it does not change the fact, I either missed how to do this in the help file (there is no index entry for "bookmark") or the info is missing/poorly indexed so that should be updated next release of the help file.

Reminding me....

It would be fine by me for a "updated help file only" patch release, incorporating all the changes suggested in the now-absent "omline documentation" forum. No, no compiler changes required... the help is every bit as much a part of the products as are the compiler "exe" files.

MCM
    Michael Mattias
    Tal Systems (retired)
    Port Washington WI USA
    [email protected]
    http://www.talsystems.com

ALT+1 sets bookmark number 1
    CTRL+1 goes to bookmark number 1

Use 1 to 9 as 9 different bookmarks.

ALT+1 with the cursor on the bookmarked line unsets bookmark 1.

Comment

I figured that out (or maybe I remembered it) , Paul... but I was whining about the apparent lack of documentation of this feature.

If I hadn't remembered I'd be whining louder.

MCM
      Michael Mattias
      Tal Systems (retired)
      Port Washington WI USA
      [email protected]

Comment

It is in the help file under "hot keys"

Comment

How about Right Click-Toggle Bookmark?
          Rod
          I want not 'not', not Knot, not Knott, not Nott, not knot, not naught, not nought, but aught.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Dixon View Post
            Use 1 to 9 as 9 different bookmarks.
            It's actually ALT+0 to 9, giving you 10 BMs.

Comment

My rule is, if you cannot find it in the help, it may as well not be in the help.

One the page explaining the use of "Go to Bookmark" on the edit menu, there is no link to how you set/unset bookmarks. For that matter, there (apparently) is no way to set/unset bookmarks EXCEPT by using the hotkeys.

Whatever, Mr. Drake cam read this and file it away for the next version of the help file.
              Michael Mattias
              Tal Systems (retired)
              Port Washington WI USA
              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Mattias View Post
                For that matter, there (apparently) is no way to set/unset bookmarks EXCEPT by using the hotkeys.
                What we have here (apparently) is yet another failure to read the other posts in the thread

As pointed out by Rodney in Post #5 some 13 hours before you posted this, "Right Click - Toggle Bookmark" does this.

Comment

It's actually ALT+0 to 9, giving you 10 BMs.
                  Via hotkeys, this is so. Using the Right Click -Toggle Bookmarks give you at least 26 more by using the alphabet.
                  Rod
                  I want not 'not', not Knot, not Knott, not Nott, not knot, not naught, not nought, but aught.

Comment

Using the Right Click -Toggle Bookmarks
                    ... that somehow assumes there are actually programmers who use a mouse in the IDE ... something I have a hard time to believe ...

Comment

Originally posted by Knuth Konrad View Post
                      ... that somehow assumes there are actually programmers who use a mouse in the IDE ... something I have a hard time to believe ...
                      I'm a mouser.

Comment

Originally posted by Knuth Konrad View Post
                        This shows that using the mouse gets you more from the IDE, what else have you been missing?
                        Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney Hicks View Post

This shows that using the mouse gets you more from the IDE, what else have you been missing?
                          Actually the context menu can be opened / navigated with the keyboard and anyway Alt+B works, without the context menu open, to set new bookmarks (numeric and alphabetical)
                          Rgds, Dave

Comment

Okay, I see. What else have I been missing? Wait! Don't answer that!
                            Rod

Comment

I use the mouse .. and the keyboard

Say.... does this qualify as multi-tasking?
                              Michael Mattias
                              Tal Systems (retired)
                              Port Washington WI USA
                              [email protected]

Comment

How do you quickly open a file your have #INCLUDEd (other than righ click, Open Include File) ?

Comment

How do you quickly open a file your have #INCLUDEd (other than righ click, Open Include File)
                                  Press keyboard Menu Key then letter o

(Can't find the Menu Key? see here)

- BTW I'm a mouser too, most of the time
                                  Rgds, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Biggs View Post

Press keyboard Menu Key then letter o

(Can't find the Menu Key? see here)
                                    Don't have one of those Menu Keys on my laptop, all I have to the right of the space bar are j Alt, Ctrl and arrow keys

And despite what that link says, Shift + F10 doesn't work in the IDE (but it does work in Firefox!)

Comment

Don't have one of those Menu Keys on my laptop, all I have to the right of the space bar are j Alt, Ctrl and arrow keys

And despite what that link says, Shift + F10 doesn't work in the IDE
                                      The AutoHotkey solution in that link could be an answer with your setup, using Ralt::RButton for example.

Seems to work ok even with the PB IDE.
                                      Rgds, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Biggs View Post

The AutoHotkey solution in that link could be an answer with your setup, using Ralt::RButton for example.

Seems to work ok even with the PB IDE.
                                        I'd give it a go if I wasn't quite content with the mouse

Comment

Working...
                                        X