Hot Keys Not working while debugging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Keys Not working while debugging

I have been developing and expanding a PB 3.5 program for a swimming league. With historical records, there are over a thousand swimmers and my defined arrays have gotten pretty large. When working in the IDE environment, I started getting "Out of Memory" errors. I've tightened up on string arrays (reduced arrays sizes, shifted to virtual arrays, etc) and used the $STRING metastatement to be able to run in the IDE, but I am having problems debugging the program. The hot keys (F4 [No code generated for the line],F7 & F8 [the program doesn't single step]) aren't working right and the "watch" displays are having problems also.

I'm not sure if this is a predecessor to more "Out of Memory" errors or not, but I've still got more stuff to add (and debug). So far, PBC is working fine but it is a slower process.

I am open to suggestions, however, I was trying to avoid breaking it down into smaller programs if possible.

-------------
    Steve

Donald,

Sounds like you are trying to work with all the data from within the IDE. Try working with only a few records in a duplicate database to make sure your program works with the data properly, then try it in the debugger with a full data set, instead of the IDE.

Regards,

------------------
    [email protected]
    :) IRC :)

Comment

Working...
    X