Announcement

Collapse

New Sub-Forum

In an effort to help make sure there are appropriate categories for topics of discussion that are happening, there is now a sub-forum for databases and database programming under Special Interest groups. Please direct questions, etc., about this topic to that sub-forum moving forward. Thank you.
See more
See less

Displaying Bitmaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying Bitmaps

Does anyone have any simple sample code to read a bitmap from a file or resource and display it in a window, or what VB would call a picture box?

I am trying to convert a program from VB. While VB makes simple graphic manipulation easy. You have to up with a 1.6mb runtime.

Thanks - ST

There is an excellent site called The ABC Archives that has all sorts of image-related basic code for all types of compilers - including PB/DOS.

Take a look at www.basicguru.com/abc

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
    Lance
    mailto:[email protected]

Comment

I will check that site. I wondered also if you could move this message to the correct place. I am using PB/DLL. I did not know I posted in PB/DOS forum. I will do better next time.

------------------

Comment

Oh well then that is a completely different thing! In PB/DLL 6.0, you'll find an example of displaying a BMP as the background of a dialog (using DDT) in the \SAMPLES\TCP\SMTP.BAS example code.

There is also an update to this file available from the FTP site - check out http://www.powerbasic.com/files/pub/pbwin/inet/

------------------
        Lance
        PowerBASIC Support
        mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
        Lance
        mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X