Announcement

Collapse

New Sub-Forum

In an effort to help make sure there are appropriate categories for topics of discussion that are happening, there is now a sub-forum for databases and database programming under Special Interest groups. Please direct questions, etc., about this topic to that sub-forum moving forward. Thank you.
See more
See less

Reading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading

How to read a list of real numbers in the order listed in
    the required data. Then find the largest number in the list.
    The smallest number in the list. The average of all the numbers
    in the list founded off to the nuearest 1/1000th.
    Lets say that the required data is:

14,0,25.003,-6,15,-9,.001,63,-23,41,-22,12,52,-0.33,8
    And print the required data in long form first,like above.
    But using a read statement, like READ A
    I don't know how to do it.

-------------
    Kro121
    Kro121

Karl, are you using a registered version of PowerBASIC or are you using a Trial edition? I ask because using DATA and READ statements is covered in the PowerBASIC Users Guide, which you would have if you purchased your own copy of PowerBASIC for DOS.

We are willing to help you learn to program, but we need to know which compiler you are using first. Thanks!

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
    Lance
    mailto:[email protected]

Comment

This wouldn't be homework, would it?

PS to PB persons: Doesn't Firstbasic ship with a help file or a text manual? Or was help first introduced with PB 3.x?

MCM
      Michael Mattias
      Tal Systems Inc. (retired)
      Racine WI USA
      [email protected]
      http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Unregistered FirstBasic ships with a modest online help file only. The registered version contains a much more extensive online help file including sections such as the "User Guide" etc. There are no printed doc's available for FirstBasic.

However, PowerBASIC/DOS ships with a two-volume printed manual set, each containing over 300 pages of extensive information, example code and reference material. The current version is 3.5 and contains a *huge* number of improvements and new features over FirstBasic.

------------------
        Lance
        PowerBASIC Support
        Lance

Comment

I mainly use PB/DLL and PB/CC but sometimes find my old registered copy of FirstBasic useful. Recently I was looking for a listing of FirstBasic runtime error codes. I couldn't seem to find it in the electronic documentation. Did I just miss it?

------------------

Comment

They are not in the help file unfortunately. If you email me with your FB serial number, I'll email the list to you.

------------------
            Lance
            PowerBASIC Support
            Lance

Comment

This is a sort of none registered, but the full thing, I got it
              off of some web site. It is the full thing, but without the
              "book".

------------------
              Kro121
              Kro121

Comment

I take that to mean that you are using FirstBasic, which is a SHAREWARE product. For $US25 you can purchase a registered version of FirstBasic and that will qualify you for official Technical Support. However, you are welcome to continue using this BBS to seek peer-support to assist you with your programming for the duration of the 30 day licence that we grant in order for you to trial FirstBasic. At the end of the 30 day period, you are required to either purchase a registered version of the product, or cease using it. See the licence agreement included in the FB installation.

However, if you are using an illegal copy of any PowerBASIC product, then you risk facing a bill (or worse) from our Sales department. My advice is to immediately purchase a legitimate copy of the product, or cease using the illegitimate immediately. There are no free lunches!

You can place your purchase order online - just visit the Shop Online link from the PowerBASIC homepage, or call our 800 Sales department number to order directly.

------------------
                Lance
                PowerBASIC Support
                Lance

Comment

Working...
                X