Announcement

Collapse

New Sub-Forum

In an effort to help make sure there are appropriate categories for topics of discussion that are happening, there is now a sub-forum for databases and database programming under Special Interest groups. Please direct questions, etc., about this topic to that sub-forum moving forward. Thank you.
See more
See less

Upload file to remote location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload file to remote location

I need to be able to dial up a remote computer via direct modem connection and upload & download files & I'm looking for some source code

Cheers

The "basic" concepts are outlined in the User's Guide - you'll need to have your own application running at each end unless you want to implement standard terminal protocols - the common one is ZModem, but I've yet to find any decent Basic source code for ZModem, although there are (or at least used to be) a lot of ZModem executables around, which could be used via a SHELL.

However, assuming you want to write the "controlling" code, you'll at least want to implement some sort of error detection for the dial-up link - take a look in the "telecom" section of our files archive for shareware libraries and a selection of source code... http://www.powerbasic.com/files/pub/pbdos/telecom/

Another good place to look would be the ABC Archives... www.basicguru.com/abc

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
    Lance
    mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Working...
    X