Closing App & PB35 and still not able to delete or rename compiled .exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing App & PB35 and still not able to delete or rename compiled .exe

I load the .bas file, edit it, create the .exe application. Close PB35. Run the application. The application ends. Now I try to RENAME or DELETE the created application .exe and I am told I cannot do it, its still in use!!!!!

Yes I am running the application in xp2. No don't tell me its windows fault because I create and run .com and .exe files with other compilers such as Turbo pascal and its not an issue with the .exe's they create.

I have even opened Task Manage to verify that the compiled .exe application and PB35 IS NOT RUNNING. I have looked at the properties of the created application and it is not marked as read only.

So why does this happen?

I'm soooo confused.....
    LEARNING EXPERIENCE: What you get when you didn't get what you THOUGHT you wanted!

More Reasearch - Still Problem!!

I thought it might be because of the compiled size 94k. However thats not true either it does it even with a very simple program such as below.

[code]

For L = 1 to 10
    Lprint "The number is: ";L
    For W = 1 to 20000
    Next W
    Next L

[\code]

I used dependency checker and it shows nothing for the compiled .exe. I used dos attrib and it shows no attributes set for the .exe. Its almost acting like stupid M$ Vista Os acts when you try to tell it your the Administrator ( Just try to rename a system file sith Vista - Boy are u in for a challenge!)

Still a problem, looks like it could be a PB35 bug maybe, strange no one has found it yet. The only way around it is to reboot the machine then you can delete the .exe. I can't even recompile the .exe and save it after I make changes to the source files! Oh yes, I can change or delete the source files with no problems at all though.

Still Confused....
    LEARNING EXPERIENCE: What you get when you didn't get what you THOUGHT you wanted!

Comment

I'm running XP sp3. In PBDos 3.5 your code runs fine both from the IDE and as an EXE. I'm not getting any messages about the file being in use when I try to rename, copy, delete, or move the EXE.

Sounds like the problem may not be PBDos. Is there a background app or service running that controls or limits your file access... maybe an AV app, or a critical folder manager?

That's only a guess.

Stan
      Do not go quiet into that good night,
      ... Rage, rage against the dark.

Comment

Still in progress

Well whatever it is apparently it is machine related, you put me on the right track. I copied the file to a flash drive and put it on one of my laptops, ran it, then deleted it with no problem at all.

Hmmm....... It was'nt the AV I stopped it and had no affect but something sure is doing it.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X