Announcement

Collapse

New Sub-Forum

In an effort to help make sure there are appropriate categories for topics of discussion that are happening, there is now a sub-forum for databases and database programming under Special Interest groups. Please direct questions, etc., about this topic to that sub-forum moving forward. Thank you.
See more
See less

Reactivating monitor with power saving

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reactivating monitor with power saving

    How I can reactivate, under program control, a monitor that has enter in a power saving mode
    without a keypress ?

    Gonzalo

    ------------------

  • #2
    You may want to try Int16h Function 05h. This simulates
    a key press by inserting a character in the keyboard buffer.
    CH = scancode of key and CL = ASCII code of key.



    ------------------
    There are no atheists in a fox hole or the morning of a math test.
    If my flag offends you, I'll help you pack.

    Comment


    • #3
      Mel: Thank you for your answer,I am trying to use call interrupt statement, but I don't know how to enter the function 05h.
      Thanks.

      Originally posted by GONZALO ESTIVARIZ:
      How I can reactivate, under program control, a monitor that has enter in a power saving mode
      without a keypress ?

      Gonzalo



      ------------------

      Comment


      • #4
        Mel: I found that Function 05h must go in AH.
        I wrote a little program, that simulates the "A" keystroke in a close loop with some delay.
        It works fine (I can Inkey$ that letter) but the monitor won't wake up until I real input a key.
        Do you have an idea why this happens ? it seems that the BIOS dont see this procedure..

        Originally posted by GONZALO ESTIVARIZ:
        Mel: Thank you for your answer,I am trying to use call interrupt statement, but I don't know how to enter the function 05h.
        Thanks.





        ------------------

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Gonzalo
          I was afraid that would happen. Int16 is a software interrupt
          and looks like the wakeup is triggered by a hardware interrupt.

          There are some small programs that toggles things like CAPS
          LOCK and NUM LOCK. $INLINE the program to perform a toggle and
          see if that will wake up your monitor.

          If that doesn't work, I'm all out of ideas.

          I think I just accidently lied. (This is about an hour later).
          if that doesn't work and IF you have your mouse driver loaded,
          try one of the function of INT33 to do something with your
          mouse.


          Cheers
          Mel


          ------------------


          [This message has been edited by Mel Bishop (edited November 29, 2000).]
          There are no atheists in a fox hole or the morning of a math test.
          If my flag offends you, I'll help you pack.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi Mel:
            Thank you for your interest. Looking at the interrupt list, i tried calling int 09 and is working OK.
            Again, thank you, you gave me the ideas where to look....
            Gonzalo

            Originally posted by Mel Bishop:
            Hi Gonzalo
            I was afraid that would happen. Int16 is a software interrupt
            and looks like the wakeup is triggered by a hardware interrupt.

            There are some small programs that toggles things like CAPS
            LOCK and NUM LOCK. $INLINE the program to perform a toggle and
            see if that will wake up your monitor.

            If that doesn't work, I'm all out of ideas.

            I think I just accidently lied. (This is about an hour later).
            if that doesn't work and IF you have your mouse driver loaded,
            try one of the function of INT33 to do something with your
            mouse.


            Cheers
            Mel



            ------------------

            Comment

            Working...
            X