describe involving any of the PowerBASIC compilers. You may wish to take
    this up with tech support.

------------------
    Tom Hanlin
    PowerBASIC Staff

Leave a comment:

• Walt Decker
    replied
    No, Lance, it has nothing to do with the app. Shelling works fine on 95 and 98.
    It might have to do with my version of Win2000 Pro.

------------------

Leave a comment:

• Lance Edmonds
    replied
    That has to be something specific with your app - I SHELL to PB/DLL app's from DOS code very frequently - no problems.

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

Leave a comment:

• Walt Decker
    replied
    Thank you, Tom and Michael. I'm already using PB/DLL to read the registry and write it to a file. However, I've run into a small problem with Windows 2000 Pro in that the PB/DLL hangs when called from the DOS app.

Oh, well, I guess I'll figure something out.

------------------

Leave a comment:

• Michael Mattias
    replied
    And to read the 32-bit registry, that Windows server will need to be a 32-bit Windows program.

I was trying to read the 32-bit registry from a 16-bit Windows program, and it is really, really hairy to do, as you need to go through multiple "thunks".

It's not easy at all: I gave up and SHELLed a 32-bit program; which is, by the way, another way to do this.
    From you DOS program, you can SHELL a PB/CC or PB/DLL (32) program and write the data to file which you then read from your DOS program.

MCM

Leave a comment:

• Tom Hanlin
    replied
    Certainly, but how? Check the "Web Links" section of the site for Ralf Brown's
    home page. If it's not in his legendary interrupt list, you may need a Windows
    process to act as a server for your DOS client. You'd need to write that in a
    Windows language such as PB/CC or PB/DLL.

------------------
    Tom Hanlin
    PowerBASIC Staff

Leave a comment:

• Walt Decker
    started a topic Registry

Registry

Is there a way to read the windows (95, 98, 2000, NT) registry using PBDOS3.5?

------------------
Working...
X