Is this a good idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good idea?

For my current project, I am working on a game called "Orbit Zone". As it stands now, gameplay centers around launching satellites into orbit (10). I want to expand this game so that there are several missions, including planetary exploration, both within the solar system and others as well. Perhaps the permise will be: "Launch a satellite to orbit x-world and then use the data to launch a colony ship." Then, colonize the world and make lots of xyz dollars. The score is then written to a high score file, and if you reach x number of points, you are deemed "Grand Master" of the Universe (or something like that).

But the idea is there. Any ideas? Is this a nuts project or is it doable?

I managed to simulate a "satellite orbiting the Earth" effect. Pretty cool! I used SCREEN 13 and Tsugumo's JSprite to make the sprites. I thought of just using LINE to draw the satellite "blip", but couldn't discover a way to do that without some sort of "IF color=blue (the sea) or color=green (land) blink satellite off and on as it moves".

Anyway, let me know if this all sounds like a cool game idea. I am planning to use either PB/DOS or PB/CC (with other graphical libraries) to complete this game.

For details, please visit: http://www.geocities.com/dunric/orbit.html

Regards,

Dunric
    [email protected]

------------------
    Few cats act their age, while
    most just cough up furballs.
    Few cats act their age, while
    most just cough up furballs.
Working...
X