Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PB35 editor screen - switch between full screen and part.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB35 editor screen - switch between full screen and part.

I am trying to convert a very large 20 year old PB35 program to run with PBCC50 on Windows 10. PB35 runs fine on old XP machine but reverting from the running program back always shifts the editor to full screen which on my large modern screen is impossible for the eye to take in. There used to be a simple switch for jumping the editor between full and part screen but I have forgotten what it was and cannot find anything that works in help or options. Yes I have tried F5. Does anyone remember this or perhaps it just does not work anymore.

Re running old PB35. I have no intention of trying to convert man-years of old programs to PBCC56/60 on windows 10 but some programs become necessary to keep running.

Often, the Host-OS - handles the Keyboard and so the Machine acts different to 1997...

You can configure the "GUI" via the Menu: Options --> Environment --> Zoom windows on/off

Greetings
    Andy

Comment

Try Alt-Enter.
      "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

Comment

Alt-enter worked! I knew it was something simple. Thanks to both responders.

Comment

[Alt]+[Enter] toggles between full-screen- and window-mode of DosBox.
          If you want to use the PBDOS-Help, keep in mind. that [Crtl]+[F1] will open DosBox's Key-Configuring-Screen an not PB's Helpscreen for the command or function at cursor position.
          Good Luck by converting your code.

Comment

> full-screen- and window-mode of DosBox.

...and also all Windows native console windows, from Win95 until Windows XP, which is what the OP is using.
            "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pearson View Post
              ...and also all Windows native console windows, from Win95 until Windows XP, which is what the OP is using.
              Thanks for that info.
              Is it the same under later Win 7+?
              I think, that´s why the programmers have defined this special Windwos-Key-Combination for DosBox on Linux (and MacOS?), too: Dos(Box)-Users feel a bit more "at home" on different OSes... ;o)

DosEmu is here different: By default, it wants you to press [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[F] for toggling between full screen an window.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dee View Post
                Thanks for that info.
                Is it the same under later Win 7+?
                Nope, in Win 7, Alt+Enter does nothing - and clicking on the maximize button or selecting Maximize from the right click on the top left CLI icon doesn't maximize either, it just resizes the box to full screen height
                --
                [URL="http://www.camcopng.com"]CAMCo - Applications Development & ICT Consultancy[/URL][URL="http://www.hostingpng.com"]
                PNG Domain Hosting[/URL]

Comment

On Win64, I read, vDos shall run DOS-Programs but I never tried it on Linux... ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dee View Post
                    On Win64, I read, vDos shall run DOS-Programs but I never tried it on Linux... ;-)
                    vDos is great on 64-bit Windows. It's worth noting that vDos on Sourceforge is out of date but that the latest version is available at the link that Andy Dee posted.

Here is a screenshot of my Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) running a program created with TurboBasic in the late 1980's. Those are dynamically created lines and stroke fonts, all created with TurboBasic. Still amazing after all these years :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	dos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	769891

Comment

Working...
                    X