Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional breakpoints?

Hi,

In the PB for DOS debugger, I didn't find anything resembling a conditional breakpoint for a given line. Is that concept not supported? Can always do a workaround, just curious.

Thanks!

--Ben

Hi Ben,
    I haven't used PBDOS in many, many years, but I did use the debugger a lot, and I have no recollection of conditional breakpoints.
    Just to be sure, I fired up DOSBOX, and ran PBDOS... Help file only talks about Set, Toggle, Unset, Clear All, and View Next. Nothing about conditional breakpoints.

I'm guessing that a workaround would consist of either a pre-processor to recognize your own markers, or a lot of constants with "#IF NOT %DEF()" statements. Either way, a lot of work!

I'm curious: What kind of workaround are you thinking of?

-John

Comment

Hi John,

Just coding my own conditional if..then block with a do-nothing statement in it. Then I can set the breakpoint on that statement and it will stop when I need it to.
      Doing custom analysis on incoming email to detect spammers and for a given email, I may want to start after the 80th record in an email, for example.

Thanks!

--Ben

Comment

Oh, OK, yeah, I do that all the time... Never thought of it as "conditional breakpoints"...

In reading your first post, I immediately envisioned your wanting compiler directives to do that. My mistake! Sorry!

-John

Comment

Working...
        X