Announcement

Collapse

Maintenance

The forum could be offline for 30-60 minutes in the very near future for maintenance (said 3pm Pacific). I was behind on getting this notice. I do apologize.
See more
See less

Some Keys won't Stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Keys won't Stuff.

Hello everyone. More keyboard stuffing problems. This is a very special dos voice mail program that i need to run scandisk and defrag on twice a month. I have most of the code written using the the popup timmer command. Let me cut to the chase. Using popup stuff I'm unable to get the F3 key and Chr$(13) to respond. This program uses the F3 key to bring up the command entry area then I write the word stop and Chr$(13). I don't know why it responds to the words but not to the keyboard scan code and the chr$(13) code. You can edit the word stop on their command line but F3 and the Enter key no longer work. It freeze's thoses key but the rest of the program works. The test code i've been playing with is very simple. I'm testing on a 386 test machine running Dos 6.22 and I'm using a program the responds to F10.

? "TSRDEMO Batch # 3 Started at ";time$
    dummy& = SETMEM(-700000)
    POPUP TIMER 400 'pop-up in 21 seconds
    'once the time has passed, PowerBASIC will pop back up and execute the next
    'statement and then go back to sleep and end.
    POPUP SLEEP USING EMS, "C:\tsrtemp.$$$"

DO
    ' 61 = F3 68 = F10
    POPUP STUFF chr$(0,0,28) ,0,0
    'POPUP STUFF chr$(0,0,68) + "STOP" + chr$(13) ,0,19
    popup sleep
    end
    LOOP 'keep looping

The delay needs to be there. Do i need an asmembly program to force these key's?
    Help!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by michael Schelin (edited February 08, 2002).]

I just tested this (DOS box under Windows 2000) -- I sent the F3 + STOP + CR keystrokes with the line of code:
    Code:
    POPUP STUFF chr$(0,0,61) + "STOP" + chr$(13),1,18
    Basically I just ran your TSR code above with that line of code, and ran a second program to watch what it placed into the keyboard queue... it worked fine for me...
    Code:
    $compile exe
    do
     a$ = inkey$
     if isfalse len(a$) then iterate
     for x% = 1 to len(a$)
       print ASC(mid$(a$,x%,1));
     next x%
     print a$

loop until a$ = chr$(27)
    beep
    If this works for you but your other app is not responding to the F3 keypress, etc, then something else must be wrong...

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
    Lance
    mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Michael

Just out of curiosity - what DOS voice mail software is this?

Thanks.

------------------
      >>>
      clubpowerbasic.cjb.net <<<

Comment

Working...
      X