Trouble compiling in PB/DLL 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble compiling in PB/DLL 2

I have been unable to compile any source code in PB/DLL 2 that contains a LibMain function. When I attempt to do so, I get a 481 error, "Parameter mismatch with prior declaration".

Now before anybody gets upset because I haven't included my source code, I tried to compile the TEMPLATE.BAS file in the SAMP16 folder and got the same response! Have I missed something obvious?
    If you try to make something idiot-proof, someone will invent a better idiot.

That means your parameters for FUNCTION LibMain do not look like:

FUNCTION LibMain (BYVAL hInstance AS INTEGER, _

BYVAL wDataSeg AS WORD, _
    BYVAL wHeapSize AS WORD, _
    lpszCmdLine AS ASCIIZ) EXPORT AS INTEGER

OR

You are using $COMPILE EXE instead of $COMPILE DLL when a FUNCTION LibMain appears in your code.

My TEMPLATE.BAS compiles just fine. You sure you didn't add a function which has different parameter types on the DECLARE line versus the FUNCTION Header?

When the compiler gives you the error message, what line number does the error occur on?

------------------
    Michael Mattias
    Racine WI USA
    [email protected]

[This message has been edited by Michael Mattias (edited February 05, 2000).]
    Michael Mattias
    Tal Systems Inc. (retired)
    Racine WI USA
    [email protected]
    http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

I just checked the LOG file for my attempt at compiling the TEMPLATE.BAS file and it said that it was trying to use PB/DLL 6 to compile it. I checked the options in the PB/DLL 2 Compiler Shell and noticed that the default name for the command-line compiler was PBDLL.EXE instead of PBDLL16.EXE (must be a hang-over from when it was sold separately). I've changed this and it compiles fine now.

[This message has been edited by Matthew Berg (edited February 05, 2000).]
      If you try to make something idiot-proof, someone will invent a better idiot.

Comment

Working...
      X