PB/DLL 6 and Win2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB/DLL 6 and Win2000

I have an apparent problem using PB/DLL6 with Win 2000 Pro. I am only able to compile any file once. After that, any attempt to compile a project causes PB to hang. If I reboot the system and run PB again, I can compile once. Then the same thing happens. Sounds like some sort of memory or resource issues. Is there a known incompatibility between PB/DLL6 and Windows 2000? Anyone have a suggestion?

TIA,

Jeff

P.S. - Don't be in a big hurry to get Win2K, there are alot of issues.

Jeffrey --
    it was so many betas ago. But not in current build.

------------------

Comment

Note: Semen's reply refers to Win2k Beta.

PB/DLL and all other PowerBASIC compilers are compatible with Windows 2000. Because Win2K is based on NT "technology", some things are not programatically possible with Win2K, but these are platform issues, not compiler issues.

To discuss your problem... does this happen when you "compile" or "Compile and Run"? If it is the latter, then the odds are that you have a coding error.

------------------
      Lance
      PowerBASIC Support
      mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
      Lance
      mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Lance, thanks for your reply. The problem was caused during compilation of a DLL. However, I think I have resolved the problem due to a code error the compiler couldn't or wouldn't detect. I am using some large UDT's in which I inadvertently was assigning a fixed length string to a long value. Upon rebooting my machine for the 6th time, I tried compiling the DLL again, and all of a sudden the compiler detected the assignment error. Very weird behavior. I have never seen PB lock up before with any code. After correcting the code error, everything seems to work now.

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X