Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About making a DDT dialog generator utility.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About making a DDT dialog generator utility.

Hi there.

I've just bought Powerbasic/DLL and PowerGEN. This kind of software/compiler is the best I've ever seen! Keep up the good work, guys! This beats all the Visual basic and other stuff, I think.

Well, the PowerGEN util was great too, but I have not any documentation on the Windows API system.

Then I thought my first own produced program would be a DDT generator that worked as the same way as PowerGEN.

Then my question is: Maybe there allready exist a same kind of utility made by someone else? If so, could anyone here tell me about it? Then I would not have to make one myself.

The only such existing utility I found, was the "MakeDDT" utility. But I did not think it was good enough, and it did not work 100% correctly with the dialog editor that comes with Powerbasic compiler.

So, if there is no such utility, then I will start on this project this week. I am really looking forward to get to know the inside'n'out of this Powerbasic compiler. My first impression is that it kicks the *** out of any other compiler! As I have allways hated socalled "bloatware" that is more than 1 MB in size. ;-)

Have a nice day!

Hi Tommy,

Firstly, let me welcome you into the PowerBASIC "family"! I'm sure I speak for everyone that visits here when I say it great to have you "on board"!

There are a number of DDT-generation projects under way by PowerBASIC customers - the 3rd Party Forum is the place to go hunting for discussions and links, although ther may still be a few older threads in this forum.

There is at least one 'open-source' project being worked on by Jules Marchildon - Jules has expressed interest in getting other people involved so you may want to discuss this with him.

There is at least one commercial (VB) Form-to-DDT engine, and several Resource Script translators - James C. Fuller has a (free?) one available which is "similar' to MakeDDT. Chris Boss is working on a comercial DDT designer too. All of this info should be found in the 3rd-party forum.

Best wishes with your projects! If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask right here!

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
    Lance
    mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Tommy, Chris Boss (who posts around here occasionally) is working on a visual designer tool that will generate DDT code. He's already designed another visual designer/function library package for PB/DLL (EZGUI) that works very well, and this new visual design tool will have the same kind of 'look & feel' as the EZGUI Visual Designer.

More information about this product will be posted in the Third-Party Addon section of this forum, as it becomes available.

John Rayfield, Jr.
      Rayfield Communications, Inc.
      Springfield, Missouri
      www.ezgui.com

------------------

Comment

Thank you for your great feedback. I'll take a look at ti right away. :-)

------------------

Comment

Working...
        X