Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "GetCursorSize"

Folks --
    GetCursorPos returns top, left coordinates.
    But how to receive right, bottom coordinates ? (system cursor)

Semen --

You'll need to use the GetIconInfo API. A cursor is simply a special kind of icon, and several icon-related functions can be used with cursors. Note that the ICONINFO structure contains "hot spot" information, and most icons don't have hot spots.

That points out another pitfall... the "cursor location" does not always correspond to the top-left corner of the cursor's rectangle, so the math gets somewhat more complicated.

-- Eric

------------------
    Perfect Sync: Perfect Sync Development Tools
    Email: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

"Not my circus, not my monkeys."

Comment

Eric --
      I created "own-drawn" tooltips for "own-drawn" elements and want to imitate Windows rules of their appearence.
      It looks that pt.x for tooltip is the same as GetCursorPos, pt.y = pt.y of cursor + cursor height.
      Or I am wrong (this offset is simply constant) ?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Semen Matusovski (edited June 12, 2000).]

Comment

I have no idea. You'll probably have to experiment with it (on various versions of Windows, using a variety of cursors like arrows, hands, and crosses) to find out.

Unless somebody else knows...

-- Eric

------------------
        Perfect Sync: Perfect Sync Development Tools
        Email: mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

[This message has been edited by Eric Pearson (edited June 12, 2000).]
        "Not my circus, not my monkeys."

Comment

Semen,
          I simply added a few pixels..
          x = 12
          y = 20

------------------

Comment

What about being consistent on differing resolutions? Also, the normal TT control has a (horizontally) centering flag, and there are also screen edge considerations on positioning.

Hardcoding values is never a good idea.

A better way would be to "reverse engineer" the real tooltips setting - if you look through WIN32.HLP, you'll find an ENUM function so you can query a tooltip that is being displayed. Compare that to the cursor position and size on a few differenrt resolutions, and you should be able to work it out.

Unless someone has some inside knowledge of how TT's are positioned... that would be useful... a search at somewhere like www.codeguru.com may be worthwhile.

Good luck! It sounds like an interesting project! I always thought about doing that sort of thing myself, so I could use non-standard tip windows, such as "bubble help" and roundrect windows, etc.

------------------
            Lance
            PowerBASIC Support
            mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
            Lance
            mailto:[email protected]

Comment

I looked codeguru, but found more or less interesting code on another (also nice) site http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/tooltipex.asp
              Here is used fixed offset (0, 20)

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X