DOS to PB/DLL Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOS to PB/DLL Conversion

I'm looking for someone who may be interested in a project - take my MS Basic 7.0 program, using QuickWindows libraries, and converting or rewriting into PB/DLL.

Anybody out there?

Just to be clear, are you asking for volunteers or do you want to hire a consultant?

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
    Lance
    mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Looking to hire a consultant. Sorry I was unclear on this

------------------

Comment

May I ask what is "QuickWindows libraries" ?

------------------

Comment

For those unfamiliar with this Library: Quik-Windows was an add in Quick Library (QLB) for PDS (BASIC 7) and Quick Basic which provided funtions for simple message boxes, fast screen printing, List-Boxes, and other character based 'User Interfaces' for us DOS programmers. Originally written by Strong-Soft engineering, but alas I believe they may now be out of business. Tried to contact them a few years back to buy the source-code (which was an option in the registration), and my mail came back recipient unknow. (PO had no forwarding address).

Know it well, and used it in dozens of programs. Actually until I get the bulk of my software fully re-written in PB/DLL...I'm still using it to some extent! (hey, it takes time to design screens & rewrite that many programs!)

Ray
          Cypher Software

No if you noticed I'm not Russell, just another long time DOS programmer who used the same utilities and understands the 'learning' curve Russell is faced with.

But Russell,

If you're looking for a 'fast' conversion w/o the extra bells & whisles of the Graphic User Interface, its much easier to recode those programs into PB/CC and use something along the lines of Console-Tools to provide an easy replacement for the Quik-Windows toolkit. (Problem is it will still resemble a DOS app being a console application, but the time required will be substantially less).

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X