Announcement

Collapse

Maintenance

The forum could be offline for 30-60 minutes in the very near future for maintenance (said 3pm Pacific). I was behind on getting this notice. I do apologize.
See more
See less

Treeview level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treeview level

Is there a simple way to determine on which tree level you are when a tree-part is clicked on a TreeView? (Or do I have to use Treeview_Getparent to determine the level)
    I want to restrict the tree to 4 levels. (users may not add more levels)
    Also: how to detemine the number of entries on a tree-node. (need to limit number of entries). Tried Treeview_GetnextItem, but always get all child items of a node as result.
    (I only want to get one child node's number of entries; and not from sub-nodes from that child)
    Another question that arises: I've got 2 listviews an 2 treeviews. They all use the same icons. Is it possible to share one imagelist between those controls, or do I have to create four (identical) imagelists?
    Seems a waste of resources....

------------------
    Peter.
    mailto[email protected][email protected]</A>

[This message has been edited by Peter Lameijn (edited July 16, 2000).]
    Regards,
    Peter

I do not know of any other way than to climb up the tree
    Code:

'===========================================================================
    Function NumParent(Byval hWnd As Long, Byval hItem As Long) As Long
        ' hWnd is the treeview control id
        ' hItem is the currently selected treeview node
        Local hParent As Long
        Local hJunk As Long
        Local nLevel As Long
        nLevel = 0
        hParent = TreeView_GetParent(hWnd,hItem)
        Do While hParent
            Incr nLevel
            hJunk = hParent
            hParent = TreeView_GetParent(hWnd,hJunk)
        Loop
        Function = nLevel
    End Function
    '===========================================================================
    As far as the total number of nodes, I believe that you will have to keep a copy of the tree in an array and keep track of the total number of array elements. I would suggest using the following structure for the array:

Code:

LevelA1
    \LevelB1
    \LevelB2
    \\LevelC1
    \\\LevelD1
    LevelA2
    \LevelB3
    \\LevelC2
    \\\LevelD2
    In my experience this was the easiest to visualize. You can try to use Array Insert and Array Delete to update the array. As far as the images, I do not use them so I would just try it, but it could introduce subtle bugs in a larger program.

Joe

------------------

Comment

Working...
    X