RC - which version to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC - which version to use?

I have PB/DLL 6.0, PB/CC 2.0 and Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition installed on my computer.

RC version 4.00 build 1367 comes bundled with the PB products, while VS comes with RC version 5.00.1647.1 Build 1647.

Which one should I use?

Thanks,
    Ketil

P.S. Slightly odd that the newer version has a much older file date, and it's about a quarter the size of the PB bundled version...

------------------

Generally, it's most prudent to use the version that came with each product. I haven't noticed any actual difference between these two versions of RC, however.

------------------
    Tom Hanlin
    PowerBASIC Staff

Comment

Tom,

That's what I figured, too, so I am using the version that came with the PB products. The flip side that I'm using the VS dialog editor, so I guess both versions came with the product depending on how you look at it...

The reason I posted the question is that I was wondering if the VS DE might put something in an .RC file that the older RC.EXE can't handle, while using the newer RC.EXE could result in a .RES file that PBRES can't handle. I just wondered if there were any official statements on compatibility here. The only difference I've seen between the two RC versions is the addition of 2 or three command line switches that don't seem to directly influence the output format of the file.

I guess I'll just keep using the bundled version, and cross that bridge when and if I get to it. Thanks!

Ketil

------------------

Comment

Working...
      X