PB 6 editor quirk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB 6 editor quirk

This is really for PowerBasic support - in the PB 6 editor the comms functions XOUTFLOW changes to blue and capitalises (or capitalizes for the Americans !) but the corrosponding XINPFLOW stays lower case and black i.e. the editor doesn't recognise it as a reserved word but my program still compiles. Also I can DIM XOUTFLOW and XINPFLOW as variables and assign them values - since they're partly reserved words (i.e. belong to the COMM SET function group) should I be allowed to do this ?

Regards

Adrian Aitken

------------------

Forgot to mention, when DIMing the XOUTFLOW it goes blue and capitalises and XINPFLOW stays black and lower case.

Regards

Adrian Aitken

------------------

Comment

In addition to XINPFLOW - the following keywords also don't get
      color highlighted or work with context-sensitive help:

CVS, CVWRD, TIMEOUT, VERSION4, VERSION5 and.. WEND (!)

BTW, it's also possible to DIM VERSION3 (VERSION4 and VERSION5).
      Compiler instructions, I know. No big deal, but good to know for
      next version, whenever it now may come..

------------------

Comment

I've got another odd one. After my app got above a certain size
        (> 388k) the editor would no longer minimize itself after
        compile/run. When I tighten things up a bit, I'll go back over
        the threshold and it will minimize again. Add a feature and
        back to full screen. It's not a big deal, but a little irritating.

------------------
        "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers

Comment

Thanks for the heads up folks, I'll let R&D know. Most (if not all) of these keywords are known issues, although I've never seen anyone actually DIM VERSION5 as a variable, but I've duely noted it!

Russ, we've never heard of any problems with minimizing the IDE, so if you still have a copy of the source code that clearly stops the IDE from minimizing after compile, we'd appreciate you forwarding it to Tech Support (all code is treated in confidence, of course!).

Thanks!

------------------
          Lance
          PowerBASIC Support
          mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
          Lance
          mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X