C to Basic-- #Define

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C to Basic-- #Define

I have a C #define, is there a way to translate it to basic?

The define:

#define IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_ON CTL_CODE(FILE_DEVICE_SERIAL_PORT,102,METHOD_BUFFERED,FILE_ANY_ACCESS)

The function that uses the define:

BOOL TurnOnSerial(HANDLE m_hPort, int bOn)
    {
    DWORD cbActual;

if(bOn == 1)
    return DeviceIoControl(m_hPort, IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_ON, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, &cbActual, NULL);
    else
    return DeviceIoControl(m_hPort, IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_OFF, NULL, 0, NULL, 0, &cbActual, NULL);
    }

Thanks, some day I'll learn C++ but why when PB is so great!

Doug
    Doug McDonald
    KD5NWK
    www.redforksoftware.com

%ioctl_serial_configure_on = &h001b0198
    Forum: http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smfforum/index.php

Comment

Code

It could look like this...

Code:
      '#define IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_ON CTL_CODE(FILE_DEVICE_SERIAL_PORT, 101, _
      '                                           METHOD_BUFFERED, FILE_ANY_ACCESS)
      '#define IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_OFF CTL_CODE(FILE_DEVICE_SERIAL_PORT, 102, _
      '                                            METHOD_BUFFERED, FILE_ANY_ACCESS)

#COMPILE EXE '#Win 8.03# #CC 4.03#
      #DIM ALL
      #INCLUDE "WIN32API.INC" '#2005-01-27#

%METHOD_BUFFERED            = 0
      %FILE_ANY_ACCESS            = 0
      %FILE_DEVICE_SERIAL_PORT    = 27
      %IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_ON  = &h001B0194 'Use this or use CTL_CODE function to find the value
      %IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_OFF = &h001B0198 'Use this or use CTL_CODE function to find the value
      '______________________________________________________________________________

FUNCTION CTL_CODE(BYVAL dwDeviceType AS DWORD, BYVAL dwFunction AS DWORD, _
                        BYVAL dwMethod AS DWORD, BYVAL dwAccess AS DWORD) AS DWORD
       'Thank to Erwin van de Wiel for this function
       SHIFT LEFT dwDeviceType, 16
       SHIFT LEFT dwAccess, 14
       SHIFT LEFT dwFunction, 2
       FUNCTION = dwDeviceType OR dwAccess OR dwFunction OR dwMethod
      END FUNCTION

FUNCTION TurnOnSerial(m_hPort AS DWORD, bOn AS LONG) AS LONG 'Return nonzero if succeeds
        LOCAL cbActual                   AS DWORD
        LOCAL IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_ON  AS DWORD
        LOCAL IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_OFF AS DWORD

IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_ON  = CTL_CODE(%FILE_DEVICE_SERIAL_PORT, 101, %METHOD_BUFFERED, %FILE_ANY_ACCESS)
        IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_OFF = CTL_CODE(%FILE_DEVICE_SERIAL_PORT, 102, %METHOD_BUFFERED, %FILE_ANY_ACCESS)

IF bOn <> 0 THEN
          'To enable the serial port
          FUNCTION = DeviceIoControl(m_hPort, IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_ON, BYVAL %NULL, 0, BYVAL %NULL, 0, cbActual, BYVAL %NULL)
        ELSE
          'To disable the serial port
          FUNCTION = DeviceIoControl(m_hPort, IOCTL_SERIAL_CONFIGURE_OFF, BYVAL %NULL, 0, BYVAL %NULL, 0, cbActual, BYVAL %NULL)
        END IF

END FUNCTION

FUNCTION PBMAIN() AS LONG
       LOCAL m_hPort AS DWORD
       LOCAL bOn     AS LONG
       LOCAL Retval  AS LONG

m_hPort = 12345
       bOn = %TRUE

Retval = TurnOnSerial(m_hPort, bOn)
       IF Retval THEN
         ? "Success"
       ELSE
         ? "Error"
       END IF

END FUNCTION
      Last edited by Pierre Bellisle; 13 Sep 2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Thank you both

Doug
        Doug McDonald
        KD5NWK
        www.redforksoftware.com

Comment

Thank You to all you guys....I never knew these functions exist
          Thank you Doug for finding and asking.
          and
          Thank you Pierre for a workable answer

Just when I thought I could learn all I could learn about a Serial Port, this gives me new ideas (Those that know me, know why )

Doug, that aside, I assume the #Define you are asking about is in a header file? (not sure if my next hint applies to .cpp files as well but), I found a "Hidden Gem" of sorts in the last day or 2 that I am definitely adding to my toolbox.

In the PB Downloads is Kev Peel's C to PB translator for header files (not sure if it does anything for cpp) but my 1st test was PHENOMENAL since it got rid of 90% of my confusion of translating

Definitely something worth looking into....even if it's just to get acquainted to language differences.

Also, what is it you are trying to do? (Maybe I have a few inputs or 2, or gazillion for what they are worth about serial ports) so I thought I would ask if I could help save a few steps, or compare routes I take that you take a different route.
          Engineer's Motto: If it aint broke take it apart and fix it

"If at 1st you don't succeed... call it version 1.0"

"Half of Programming is coding"....."The other 90% is DEBUGGING"

"Document my code????" .... "WHYYY??? do you think they call it CODE? "

Comment

Working...
          X