Astronomy and PowerBASIS for Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astronomy and PowerBASIS for Windows

Greetings from Indiana! :wavey:I am a new PBWIN and PBCC owner and so far have only done some simple testing. I wonder if anyone out there has done any PB programs for astronomy as in Fundamental Ephemeris Computations by Paul J. Heafner. I would be very interested in sharing ideas and knowledge on the subject and would especially like to see how others might have implemented the book's PB code. I have entered some programs from Astronomy with Your Personal Computer by Peter Duffett Smith just to get a feel for the language somewhat. The programming style in both of these books is somewhat antiquated, but it will get the job done for amateur (hobby) astronomical calculations. Thanks. Bill
    I have searched the forums and found some of the astronomy posts. Some are rather old. Just wonder if anyone is still out there and active. Thanks.
    The computer saves a man a lot of guesswork, but so does the bikini.:laugh:

Simply enter the word "astonomy" in the Search box (activate from the main tool bar) and you should get a fair list of posts on the subject.

Here's a link to discussing some old open source programs:
    http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ight=astronomy

Out of the 59 found, there may be some that can point you in the right direction.
    Rick Angell

Comment

Astronomy & PBWIN

Thanks Rick. After I posted the initial text I found the references you mentioned. I appreciate the information. I should have checked first.
      Bill
      The computer saves a man a lot of guesswork, but so does the bikini.:laugh:

Comment

Working...
      X