Announcement

Collapse

New Sub-Forum

In an effort to help make sure there are appropriate categories for topics of discussion that are happening, there is now a sub-forum for databases and database programming under Special Interest groups. Please direct questions, etc., about this topic to that sub-forum moving forward. Thank you.
See more
See less

SE engine demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE engine demo

Hi,

Please post here any comments about this code:http://www.powerbasic.com/support/pb...ad.php?t=35461

As sugested by some members, I uploaded a compiled demo here

Thanks, GdS

Hi,

your demo is interesting.
    Only problem I have is with testcode.txt, as I cannot get any output.

Once I replace STDOUT with "?", it works.

Thanks,
    Petr
    [email protected]

Comment

Yes, you are right. testcode2.txt works and testcode.txt also works but prints to stdout instead ? or print. Just change stdout to ? or print as you did. Thanks for pointing that.

I also corrected the compiled demo help menu showing an empty black box, it works now, a text file was missing in the zip file.

Regards, Gus

Comment

Gus

Thank you for posting your scripting engine. I love these types of apps. Hope you continue to work on it - functions (and optionally subs) would be great. One comment - I would make the numbers all double instead of singles - the extra precision is important in many apps your SE engine could be glued to.

Jim Klutho
        Last edited by james klutho; 11 Nov 2007, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Hi Jim,

After a quick source review, I think you could simply text replace all "SINGLE" words by "DOUBLE" or "EXT" to have more precision, not tested but it should work.
          About functions and subs, I wrote that, but honestly, that code ended being so ugly and little eficient that I prefered to not post it yet.
          I wish I had more time for writing this kind of things, I really enjoy it.

Regards, Gus

Originally posted by james klutho View Post
          Gus

Thank you for posting your scripting engine. I love these types of apps. Hope you continue to work on it - functions (and optionally subs) would be great. One comment - I would make the numbers all double instead of singles - the extra precision is important in many apps your SE engine could be glued to.

Jim Klutho

Comment

I know scriptbasic, a great tool, I also used LUA another great script engine.
            But no other script engine would give me something this one would: lots of fun writing it
            Gus,

Thanks for the link to the discussion portion of your project.

I'm doing the ScriptBasic open source project management for pretty much the same reasons. (and use it for all my current web application development projects)

I think there was a PowerBASIC interpreter that source was availabe for but I can remember it's wierd name. Maybe you could find some funtionality in that code that would fill holes in your current project.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Spikowski View Post
              I think there was a PowerBASIC interpreter that source was availabe for but I can remember it's wierd name.
              I think that this may be what you were referring to:

http://www.powerbasic.com/support/do...les/BINT32.zip

Comment

I think it was 'Cheese Cake' Basic or something like that.

John

Comment

Originally posted by John Spikowski View Post
                  I think it was 'Cheese Cake' Basic or something like that.

John
                  John,

BOZOL ?

It was dos and no longer a link available.

James

Comment

The homepage of the "CheeseCake BASIC"(TM) interpreter can be found at http://www.noktosoft.com/ccbasic/v0.1/index.html

------------------
                    Lance
                    PowerBASIC Support
                    The link is dead and haven't heard anything about Lance in a long time as well. I'm showing my age here folks. :shhh:

John

Comment

If it can be of any help, here's the page from the Internet Archive:

Cheesecake BASIC

Sadly the ZIP isn't downloadable, but could probably be found somewhere else.

Bye!
                      -- The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it.

File Extension Seeker - Metasearch engine for file extensions / file types
                      Online TrID file identifier | TrIDLib - Identify thousands of file formats

Comment

For those interested in parsing engine, BINT32 (Basic Interpreter DLL lib) is available with full Power Basic sources and examples here: http://www.thinbasic.com/index.php?o...cman&Itemid=66 under "Free software from thinBasic authors" section.

Attention: BINT32 is NOT anymore maintained and supported.

Feel free to use the code as you prefer.

Regards
                        Eros
                        thinBasic programming language
                        Win10 64bit - 8GB Ram - i7 M620 2.67GHz - NVIDIA Quadro FX1800M 1GB

Comment

CheeseCake BASIC 2.0 & docs here
                          "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

Working...
                          X