Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Mattias
    replied
    First of all, the WinApi Call "GetCursorPos" will give you the screen coordinates were the mouse currently is. If you need that in client coordinates, you can use either the MapWindowPoints or ScreenToClient WinAPI functions.

Yes, you will need to get comfortable calling WinApi functions if you want to create non-trivial applications. This is not an "if", it's a "when" you decide to invest some learning time in this. Fortunately there are over 2700 postings in the Source Code Forum and I'll bet at least 2500 of them use Windows' API calls.

Second, for the %USEMACROS thing... Refer to the help file twice: first, see "equates," then see #IF or "conditional compilation." Both topics are fundamental to programming with the PB compilers.

Third, also on the %USEMACROS thing... see MACRO in the help file OR change that line to %USEMACROS=0 until you do.

MCM

Leave a comment:

• Frank Kestens
    replied
    PBWin vs PBCC

Thanks for the information : this explains a lot .
    So the two compilers can't be mixed , each using their own syntax .
    I'm relative new with the GUI environment and took a look at the link above . Digging in the syntax I see the following line to appear :
    %USEMACROS =1.
    I wanted to find a reference for this command ( find "%", "use" ) but could find it . Should I look somewhere else ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Rossell
    replied
    PBCC creates 32-bit console applications, see the description of what a console is in the PBCC documentation at http://www.powerbasic.com/support/he...a_console_.htm. PBWin creates 32-bit gui (graphical user interface) applications. A gui application is one that allows the user interact with graphical elements (controls) such as buttons, text boxes, comboboxes, etc. MS Word, Internet Explorer, Adobe Photoshop are all examples of gui applications.

Getting the coordinates of the mouse when a control is clicked on is done via callback (see http://www.powerbasic.com/support/he.../callbacks.htm) routine in gui applications. If you tell me what type of control you need to capture a mouse click or any other mouse events on, I will help in any way I can.

If you are new to gui/event style programming, take a look at the PowerBASIC Quick Start Tutorials at http://www.powerbasic.com/support/quickstart/index.html. These are especially useful for new users coming from a DOS or console style programming background.

Leave a comment:

• Frank Kestens
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Rossell View Post
    The MOUSE and CURSOR statements are only valid in a PBCC. What are you trying to accomplish? Maybe myself or another can help you with this?
    Thnaks fo the reply .
    Whats the difference between PBwin and PBCC anyhow ?
    I want to be able to get the coordinates on the screen where I get my mouse on.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Simon
    replied
    Thanks very much Steve. That code helps me not only with the button click process, but also helps me understand the PB callback process better.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Rossell
    replied
    The MOUSE and CURSOR statements are only valid in a PBCC. What are you trying to accomplish? Maybe myself or another can help you with this?

Leave a comment:

• Frank Kestens
    replied
    Cursor statement

I'm using PBWin8.04 and want to get acces to the MOUSE and CURSOR functions, however when I compile I'm getting the Error Message : Missing declaration : Cursor .
    I'm afraid I'm missing something important .
    Just a quick idea here ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Rossell
    replied
    This can be done by subclassing the graphic control:
    Code:
    #COMPILE EXE
    #DIM ALL

#INCLUDE "WIN32API.INC"

%IDC_GRAPHIC1 = 1001

GLOBAL OldGrProc AS LONG

CALLBACK FUNCTION GrProc
      LOCAL s AS STRING

SELECT CASE AS LONG CBMSG
        CASE %WM_RBUTTONDOWN
          s = "Right Button Down at "
          GOTO DisplayAction

CASE %WM_LBUTTONDOWN
          s = "Left button Down at "
          GOTO DisplayAction

CASE %WM_MOUSEMOVE
          s = "Mouse move at "
          GOTO DisplayAction

END SELECT

FUNCTION = CallWindowProc(OldGrProc, CBHNDL, CBMSG, CBWPARAM, CBLPARAM)
      EXIT FUNCTION

DisplayAction:
        DIALOG SET TEXT GetParent(CBHNDL), s+FORMAT$(LO(WORD, CBLPARAM))+","+FORMAT$(HI(WORD, CBLPARAM))
    END FUNCTION

CALLBACK FUNCTION DlgProc
      LOCAL p AS POINTAPI

CASE %WM_INITDIALOG
          OldGrProc = SetWindowLong(GetDlgItem(CBHNDL, %IDC_GRAPHIC1), %GWL_WNDPROC, CODEPTR(GrProc))

CASE %WM_DESTROY
          SetWindowLong(GetDlgItem(CBHNDL, %IDC_GRAPHIC1), %GWL_WNDPROC, OldGrProc)

END SELECT
    END FUNCTION

FUNCTION PBMAIN () AS LONG
      LOCAL hDlg  AS DWORD

DIALOG NEW 0, "Dialog1", 221, 110, 201, 121, TO hDlg
      CONTROL ADD GRAPHIC, hDlg, %IDC_GRAPHIC1, "", 20, 15, 140, 70, %SS_NOTIFY

GRAPHIC ATTACH hDlg, %IDC_GRAPHIC1
      GRAPHIC CLEAR %BLACK

DIALOG SHOW MODAL hDlg, CALL DlgProc

END FUNCTION

Leave a comment:

• Chris Simon
    replied
    A follow up question.

I see %STN_CLICKED, %STN_DBLCLK, %STN_ENABLE and %STN_DISABLE in the .inc file but how would one use the same technique for a right mouse button click on the same graphic control?

Leave a comment:

• Chris Simon
    replied

Thanks very much you guys, your suggestions ended my frustration. All is good in the universe again!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Rossell
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Mattias View Post
    Good, but... on WM_COMMAND, lparam (CBLPARAM) is a handle to the control sending the notification message. So you could...
    Code:
    ScreenToClient CBLPARAM, p
    And its easier to read and one less function call. Very good, thanks Mike.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Mattias
    replied
    Code:
    ScreenToClient(GetDlgItem(CBHNDL, %IDC_GRAPHIC1), p)
    Good, but... on WM_COMMAND, lparam (CBLPARAM) is a handle to the control sending the notification message. So you could...
    Code:
    ScreenToClient CBLPARAM, p
    .. and now the same code works even if you have more than one graphics control on the screen sending STN_click or double click notifications.. without the need to code the "%ID_xxxxx" value for each one.

MCM

Leave a comment:

• Steve Rossell
    replied
    That's really easy, just add the %SS_NOTIFY style to the graphic control and catch either the %STN_CLICKED or %STN_DBLCLK messages.
    Code:
    #COMPILE EXE
    #DIM ALL

#INCLUDE "WIN32API.INC"

%IDC_GRAPHIC1 = 1001

CALLBACK FUNCTION DlgProc
      LOCAL p AS POINTAPI

CASE %WM_COMMAND
          SELECT CASE AS LONG CBCTLMSG
            CASE %STN_CLICKED
              GetCursorPos(p)
              ScreenToClient(GetDlgItem(CBHNDL, %IDC_GRAPHIC1), p)   
              DIALOG SET TEXT CBHNDL, "x="+FORMAT$(p.x)+", y="+FORMAT$(p.y)

END SELECT
      END SELECT
    END FUNCTION

FUNCTION PBMAIN () AS LONG
      LOCAL hDlg  AS DWORD

DIALOG NEW 0, "Dialog1", 221, 110, 201, 121, TO hDlg
      CONTROL ADD GRAPHIC, hDlg, %IDC_GRAPHIC1, "", 20, 15, 140, 70, %SS_NOTIFY

GRAPHIC ATTACH hDlg, %IDC_GRAPHIC1
      GRAPHIC CLEAR %BLACK

DIALOG SHOW MODAL hDlg, CALL DlgProc
    END FUNCTION

Leave a comment:

• Fred Harris
    replied
    Sdk Style

Shows mouse position in window as you move mouse, click, etc....

http://www.jose.it-berater.org/smffo...p?topic=1254.0

unfortunately, doesn't use graphic control - just plan jane Sdk window.
    Last edited by Fred Harris; 17 Apr 2008, 03:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Clay Clear
    replied
    Code:
    local pt as pointapi
    getcursorpos pt 'gets current cursor position in screen coordinates
    mapwindowpoints %null, hwndcontrol, pt, 1 'translates screen coordinates to coordinates that are relative to control's client area. Passing %NULL to the API means the desktop window. It is assumed that 'hwndcontrol' has been filled with the hwnd value of the graphic control.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Simon
    started a topic Mouse click position on graphic control

Mouse click position on graphic control

Hello everyone,

I am new to PB and have spent many hours searching the forums here and the web for solutions and example code, like the community alot. I am making good progress and really like PB and its stand-alone EXE's.

I am having a hard time doing something that in VB seemed so simple.

I want to get the X Y position of a mouse click on a graphic control located a dialog window, with the X Y values being relative to the graphic control not the screen.

I have checked out similar QA's on this forum but am still having trouble. If someone could post an simple example it would be great.

Thanks!
Working...
X