HotKey Control and F Keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HotKey Control and F Keys

Anyone ever get this control to handle extended F key range (> F12)?. In my tests I am able to get VK_F14, VK_F16, VK_F18 and VK_F20 for the "programmable keys" section of a keyboard in a test dialog (from WM_KEYDOWN), but the HotKey control does not recognise above F12. It also does not recognise the "Windows" keys (VK_LWIN, VK_RWIN and VK_APPS), but I use a workaround for this. I also tried HKM_SETRULES with zero params, but no luck.

I am writing a key handling utility to handle these extra keys on any laptop. At this point it looks like I will need to "roll my own", so to speak. Seems like the only time I need this rarely used control it is too limited
    kgpsoftware.com | Slam DBMS | PrpT Control | Other Downloads | Contact Me

Perhaps the keys you wish to trap violate...

"This hot key control does not allow the user to choose a hot key that is a single unmodified key.."

I don't know how that makes any sense since you say the hotkey control IS recognizing F1=>F12, which are also single unmodified keys.

But I guess it's worth thinking about....
    Michael Mattias
    Tal Systems Inc. (retired)
    Racine WI USA
    [email protected]
    http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

Unmodified, meaning Alt/Ctrl/Shift+<key>, right? The keys I'm trapping are single keys, they are returned as VK_F13 and above, no modifiers. The HotKey does trap all F keys on a standard keyboard. It seems to be a design limitation of the HotKey control (the docs are a bit sparse).

It's not a problem now, I just put a combo in there with the predefined keys so they can be selected. Might add a config option for the list later.

Comment

>(the docs are a bit sparse).

A bit sparse? Too kind. You must be on Microsoft's payroll.
        Michael Mattias
        Tal Systems Inc. (retired)
        Racine WI USA
        [email protected]
        http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

I wish :laugh:

Comment

Working...
          X