Alternative Custom Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative Custom Buttons

I spent a good deal of time looking at the various means of creating custom buttons. Some didn't produce an acceptable result and others required a large amount of code to create the button. I wondered if bitmaps could be used as buttons.

Attached is a test program that uses bitmaps on labels as buttons. Also attached are the two bitmaps used with this test program.

Enjoy!
    Attached Files

Probably the easiest way to use bitmaps in buttons is with the ddt imgbutton/imgbuttonx.

The one drawback seems to be if you need to disable it/them.

What I have used in that case is to kill the imagebutton and add a regular button and disable it. That way, at least the text shows up.

In using labels as buttons, you could use an old trick from the QB/PBdos days
    and 'print' lines around the outside of the button area that resemple the button being pushed using the ddt control add line. This could be done in a
    short sub with the location of the 'button' label and whether it is pushed or
    not. i.e. button is up or down.

BTW, I like your buttons
    Last edited by Fred Buffington; 9 Jul 2008, 08:30 PM.
    Client Writeup for the CPA

buffs.proboards2.com

Links Page

Comment

I can make you some nice Gel buttons if you want as well.

One thing I wish PBforms and other designers would do is have better support for ANI icon/cursors as resources and as pictures on controls. They work pretty slick and are smaller than AVI or using a webcontrol for GIF. I can't remember if I ever got them to work on a button, but know they work in static controls. You can get some neat effects with them and create a cool button.
      sigpic
      Mobile Solutions
      Sys Analyst and Development

Comment

Working...
      X