Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Compiler Update

Hi,

This may be a real dumb question but while looking for code in various places on this forum I see that people sometimes submit bugs in the compiler and what not and there is often a response like "Thanks for the imput, R&D will put this in the next update of the compiler". Where do I get this next update? I've seen some new win32api.inc files but how do I know if I have the latest compiler update? is it in the files section? Do PB have Service packs? or is the next compiler update actually the ellusive and unable to be commented on next version of the product? Bit unsure of the mixed wording...

Cheers

------------------
    Paul Dwyer
    Network Engineer
    Aussie in Tokyo

Information on the latest release of any PowerBASIC product can be viewed at www.powerbasic.com/support - We use the time/date stamp to signify the version and build number, so if you compare the time/date listed, you'll know if you have the latest version or need an update.

R&D are actively working on another update, but this has not yet been released. When it becomes available, the Support page will be updated accordingly, and it will probably be announced on the BBS too.

I hope this helps!

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
    Lance
    mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Thanks Lance,

This releace you mentioned, do you mean a replacement PBDLL.exe or some sort of patch? I wasn't using PB when the last update came out so I don't know what form it came in previously. I know you can't announce the details but "Update" can mean a lot of things

------------------
      Paul Dwyer
      Network Engineer
      Aussie in Tokyo

Comment

An Update is a bit like a "service pack". The version number stays unchanged, but the time/date stamp of the file (ie, PBDLL.EXE) will change. For example, the original PBDLL.EXE was dated 07/01/99, and there has been one subsequent update taking it to 07/02/99.

Conversly, and upgrade signifies a version number change, say from 5.0 to 6.0, etc.

As an aside, PowerBASIC usually supplies updates free-of-charge to registered owners, but upgrades almost always cost.

------------------
        Lance
        PowerBASIC Support
        Lance

Comment

An Update is a bit like a "service pack". The version number stays unchanged, but the time/date stamp of the file (ie, PBDLL.EXE) will change. For example, the original PBDLL.EXE was dated 07/01/99, and there has been one subsequent update taking it to 07/02/99.
          Actually, both updates and upgrades have been more like a "complete reinstall." An update/upgrade system for PB which repects current installations is something I have previously submitted as as a new feature suggestion.

MCM

Michael Mattias
          Tal Systems Inc. (retired)
          Racine WI USA
          [email protected]
          http://www.talsystems.com

Comment

When was the last update and upgrade, and do you know when the next ones are scheduled?

Thanks,
            Wayne

------------------
            -

Comment

The last upgrade to PB/DLL (5.0 to 6.0) occurred 07/99 (stamped 07/01/99). The last update (IIRC) was approx mid 2000 (taking the time/date stamp to 07/02/99).

As I've mentioned a few times recently, upgrades and an updates are under development as we speak, however, because of the "no-vaporware" policy, I'm not authorized to disclose when they will become available.

So, please, a little patience folks... we'll have them for you as soon as humanly possible! Thanks!

------------------
              Lance
              PowerBASIC Support
              Lance

Comment

Working...
              X