Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision Project

Hi All,

I am playing around with some vision detection code with PB. I started with some movement detection. It works fairly well and is fun to play with. You can play with settings to increase or decrease its sensitivity. Of course, i would prefer to be able to access the OpenCV librabries in PB and then I could do some really interesting stuff that might have some commercial value, but the integration of C routines within PB is not something I am well versed at. If anyone wants to work with me on this and has a keen interest in such applications, just let me know...

This code also has an image reduction routine that is commented out, but is the beginning of face detection using Haar like features...i hope to get this working sometime soon...

Code is attached...

Best,
    Kevin
    Attached Files

Kevin,

the code ran but did not appear to do anything for me. No AVI was created.

Comment

Re:avi

I disabled the AVI routine for performance. The purpose of the code is to track movement, not to store an AVI. you should have noted the tracking on the display.

Comment

I compiled it with PB/Win 9.00, and it crash instantly after the first image appears. If you add some loggin / errors reporting I'll be happy to report what happens in more detail.

Bye!
        -- The universe tends toward maximum irony. Don't push it.

File Extension Seeker - Metasearch engine for file extensions / file types
        Online TrID file identifier | TrIDLib - Identify thousands of file formats

Comment

vision

this was run on pb 8...i do not own pb 9....

Comment

Understood. Can you attach an 8.xx compiled version?

Thanks,
            Bye!

Comment

exe version attached

Good luck!
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! Sorry to report that it crash in the same way. I'm on XP PRO, SP2.

Bye!

Comment

you're on your own now!

Bye!

Comment

Runs fine here, compiled with pb9.

Maybe the problem is that this code is resolution dependent. You may use the software provided with your camera to set the format to 320x240x24 and then run.

Regards,
                    RValois.

ps. You can also use the pbcap original code to do that.
                    http://www.powerbasic.com/support/fo...ML/001163.html
                    Last edited by Roberto Valois; 4 Dec 2008, 12:37 PM.
                    http://www.rvalois.com.br/downloads/free/

Comment

Yes, the different default format was the problem, thanks!

Bye!

Comment

Video Code

I forgot to acknowledge Roberto Valois for his code to handle the webcam acquisition...without which I could not code this and the follow on work i will be doing as well...

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X