Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need 2 lines of C++ converted to PB please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need 2 lines of C++ converted to PB please!

Can somebody pretty pretty please convert these two lines of C++ for me? I can't make any sense out of them - variables are declared so much differently in basic
    Code:
      DWORD dwSize=((PIMAGE_OPTIONAL_HEADER)OPTHDROFFSET(g_module))->SizeOfImage;
      char *pMem=(char *)pVirtualAllocEx(hProc,g_module,dwSize,MEM_COMMIT|MEM_RESERVE,PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE);

------------------
    -

Sheesh... I'll give it a shot, but I'm probably off base...
    Code:
    ~
      DIM dwSize AS DWORD
      DIM OPTHDROFFSET(...) AS PIMAGE_OPTIONAL_HEADER ' The C code suggests (to me) this a UDT array
      dwSize = OPTHDROFFSET(g_mopdule).SizeOfImage

char *pMem=(char *)pVirtualAllocEx(hProc,g_module,dwSize,MEM_COMMIT|MEM_RESERVE,PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE);
    ~
      DIM pMem AS BYTE PTR
      pMem = VirtualAllocEx(hProc,  h_module, dwSize, %MEM_COMMIT OR %MEM_RESERVE, %PAGE_EXECUTE_READWRITE)
      ' Now reference the byte "array" with @pMem[index]
    Please don't shoot me if I'm wrong...

------------------
    Lance
    PowerBASIC Support
    mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
    Lance
    mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Thankyou very much kind sir!
      The original C lines actually make a bit of sense now that I've read their PB counterpart

------------------
      -

Comment

Incidently, I have to use VirtualFreeEx() with this as I'm getting kinky with another process, which is undefined in win32api.inc and 0 references found in poffs2
        According to an MSDN description at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/ps...emman_5diw.htm , the prototype is:
        BOOL VirtualFreeEx(
        HANDLE hProcess, // handle to process
        LPVOID lpAddress, // starting address of memory region
        SIZE_T dwSize, // size of memory region
        DWORD dwFreeType // operation type
        );
        The only difference between VirtualFree and VirtualFreeEx being "HANDLE hProcess"
        From my win32api.inc is this VirtualFree declaration:
        DECLARE FUNCTION VirtualFree LIB "KERNEL32.DLL" ALIAS "VirtualFree" (lpAddress AS ANY, BYVAL dwSize AS LONG, BYVAL dwFreeType AS LONG) AS LONG
        So I think this is right for VirtualFreeEx:
        DECLARE FUNCTION VirtualFreeEx LIB "KERNEL32.DLL" ALIAS "VirtualFreeEx" (hProcess AS LONG, lpAddress AS ANY, BYVAL dwSize AS LONG, BYVAL dwFreeType AS LONG) AS LONG

The exact same applies to VirtualAllocEx

(Just for the next time the win32api.inc file gets updated, no rush - Ive already updated mine )

[This message has been edited by Wayne Diamond (edited June 18, 2001).]
        -

Comment

My doc's say it is NT only, so you may be better off maintaining a separate INC file for use with your NT apps.

------------------
          Lance
          PowerBASIC Support
          mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
          Lance
          mailto:[email protected]

Comment

Code:
            Without more information, the odds of correctly translating this part are dubious. OPTHDROFFSET
            looks like a macro of some sort. The "->" says that SizeOfImage is referenced by a pointer, not
            as part of an array element. I'd gather that you collect the necessary pointer by processing
            g_module through OPTHDROFFSET, returning a pointer to a value of type IMAGE_OPTIONAL_HEADER,
            from which you get the SizeOfImage.

------------------
            Tom Hanlin
            PowerBASIC Staff

Comment

Strewth, all that from just one line? No wonder I'm still scratching my head
              Thanks very much for your input Tom, I'm slowly getting there

------------------
              -

Comment

Wayne,

Someone once described C as a write only language! That statement
                makes more sense to me then the code you're translating. This is
                why I stick with PB.

------------------
                "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers

Comment

Russ, somebody also once described C++ as Extended Chinese, and for all I can tell it might as well be
                  the basic language just makes sense to me - I can pretty much put code down that reads exactly how I think - "if this, then do that, else, do this", etc... C on the otherhand is a mindgame that i dont think i ever want to get into

------------------
                  -

Comment

Wayne

what is g_module declared as in the original file - without
                    this it's impossible to give you an accurate translation - the
                    2 lines you supplied are not enough!

However the line would translate to something like (again
                    this depends on what g_module points to - is it a byte pointer
                    to the beginning of a file?):

Code:
                    FUNCTION OPTHDROFFSET( BYVAL g_module AS DWORD ) AS DWORD
                        LOCAL ptImageDosHeader AS IMAGE_DOS_HEADER PTR

ptImageDosHeader = g_module
                        'SIZE_OF_NT_SIGNATURE = SIZEOF of DWORD or Pointer
                        FUNCTION = g_module + @ptImageDosHeader.e_lfanew + SIZEOF(ptImageDosHeader) _
                                            + LEN(IMAGE_FILE_HEADER)

END FUNCTION

LOCAL ptImageOptHeader AS IMAGE_OPTIONAL_HEADER PTR
                    LOCAL dwSize AS DWORD

ptImageOptHeader = OPTHDROFFSET( g_module )
                    dwSize = @ptImageOptHeader.SizeOfImage
                    If you want to be sure show what g_module corresponds to.

Cheers

Florent

[This message has been edited by Florent Heyworth (edited June 19, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                    X